We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

Have you seen the sunset ritual at the Marriott? I have and really enjoy it ... I go to Quinns a lot and I LOVE the Marco Beach sunset ... combine the two and the polynesian fire dancer is an extra!!!

See

cnn.com/2014/03/27/travel/hotel-traditions/

lob
New York
Level Contributor
859 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

Ooh, I had no idea!

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

Do you have to be staying there to watch this? Sounds fab.

London, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

The Sunset Ritual takes place outside Quinn's on the Beach. Since everyone has access to the beach, I don't see how anyone can stop you walking up and watching from nearbye, or you could always treat yourself to a drink and/or an evening meal there.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 10:05
East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

Great idea. Thanks Clare 1066. Do you know if reservations are required for sunset? We'd be there in July.

London, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

I have never tried to book Quinn's Don't know if it is possible or not, perhaps someone more local than i am knows the answer to that, or contact hotel when you are there.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 17:28
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

What I know is .... the sunset ritual is seen on the beach 15 feet away from Quinns flower bed ... so you see the gulf sunset behind the dancer. You won't see the event close to the gulf water. Technically the dancer is on Marriott property.

I have never called for reservations, so it is likely they don't take them. First come first serve,

Yes Quinns is very busy at sunset, so if you do go, then go early. The best tables with sunset views tend to be filled until after sunset when people go back to their hotel rooms.

London, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

Can you tell me, is this on every evening or just weekends?

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

When they first started the ritual last Sept / Oct it was not every night. The above CNN link says "every night".

FYI on windy nights I can image they could cancel or shorten the ritual due to personal injury to the dancer.

9. Re: Things To Do - Marriott Sunset Ritual

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:16