We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
8 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

I live here year round now for 26 years. I always like to hear what people enjoyed while visiting. I used to get asked all the time what is there to do on Marco when you live here? You tell me.I hope you enjoyed your time here.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

Sit with my feet in the warm sand

Strolling along that beautiful beach, paddling at the waters edge and collecting shells.

Getting a free taxi to and from the hotel to the bay side.

People watching

Having dinner under the stars At CJs.....

Having a drink on the balcony whilst watching the gorgeous sunset..... Ah ah

Wake up in the morning with the sound of the ocean right outside.

Exploring the local bars/restaurants such as ... The boat house, marker 8.5 and a fab little breakfast place (I forget the name) where little old dears serve up a bountiful breakfast.

A trip to the Everglades and an airboat ride at speedys. A real highlight.

A trip into Naples and shopping !

The farmers market.... Where the locals make visitors feel like locals....

Eat as much fresh fish .... Um

Buy tee shirts with "marco" on .... To remind us of the best holiday/vacation ever...

Meet new people - locals and visitors alike

Happy hour at the Hilton..... Bar man earls the best...

Buy fresh crab and chocolate cake from publix - sit and eat it all in the car ..... In the warm sunshine....

Next time ... Will do all of the above again .... But do a few water based trips too.

Miss marco now..... Wish I lived there....

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

(1) Boat the 10,000 islands

(2) Bike the island

(3) Run along the canals, taking in the beautiful sights

(4) Lose track of time and date . . . Life is good while on Marco!!!

(5) Late night walks on the beach

(6) Trips into the Everglades and down to the Keys

(7) EVERYTHING . . . I truly enjoy EVERYTHING we do during our summers on Marco!!!:)

lob
New York
Level Contributor
935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

I love the beach, CJs, music at The Snook, morning walks, trying new restaurants for breakfast or dinner, checking out the consignment shops and heading over to Goodland for more music and good food. We come down frequently during the year and I spend most of the summer here. The only real tourist thing I've done is the Dolphin Explorer. That was a great trip for a very reasonable price!

London, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

Looking out of the window at the beach just after sunrise. The buildings and the palm trees cast long black shadows on the white sand, and i know i've got all day to enjoy Marco.

Bathing in the warm Gulf water until my fingers go pruney.

People watching

Looking for shells that i haven't already got in my collection.

Lunch at The Little Bar on Goodlands looking across the water.

(Marker 8.5 was closed last year when we were there, but I want to try it this year)

Enjoying the peace at Caxambas Park, watching for dolphins and being amused by the pelicans there.

Could go on and on, and I nearly forgot the sunsets.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

My wife and I were last there in 2001, I don't know if anything's changed but I hope to find out in two months when he think we might be going back.

Three nice memories (among many):

Watching the sunset on the beach along with lots of other people. (I live at the beach in NJ, we only get sunrises!)

Getting dinner served to us at the movie theater.

Shelling at Tigertail, all while being mindful of the tide.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

Just returned from a week in Marco ... my highlights of the past trip last week?

- Nature - dolphins, osprey, burrowing owls (I saw so many of each I couldn't count them)

- pontooing - Marco / Keewaydin / Naples (Tip: Get the 8 hour rental and do all the island hoping)

- Key West Express to KW from Marco (Tip: Boat is now more upscale than what I took in the past)

- Beach Sunset (Tip: This alone is worth the trip to Marco)

- Sun and Sand (Tip: use a quick pop up tent, the larger the better, attached to the sand)

- Fishing Estuary Waters - I saw a Black tip shark (cut into 2 large filets) and Amberjack caught

7. Re: What was your favorite thing to do on Marco Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island