We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrist Bands at the Marriott

London, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Wrist Bands at the Marriott

i notice several people have commented on the use of wrist bands at the Marriott at busy times to prevent non guests using the facilities. Last year they gave out plastic ones which could be removed and replaced when guests went to the pool. The year before, once on they were fixed and had to be cut off. (A bit like going into hospital!) Could any of the recent visitors let me know which type are in use this year? Many thanks.

Randolph, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

We're at the Marriott Crystal Shores as we speak. The wrist band is a rubber bracelet that easily comes on and off and fits loosely enough to be perfectly comfortable on the average wrist.

London, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

Thank you. enjoy your stay

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

I was in Marco last week. I didn't stay at the Marriott but I visited the hotel 3-4 times walking the beach.

Yes, the week before Easter, I saw people wearing Green bands. I saw Marriott workers stopped people, inside the hotel, going to the pools. Asking the persons name and hotel room and after looking at their clip board gave out the Green sparkly bands. Like upscale bar scene wrist bands. Some wore them on wrists some on ankles.

I visit the Marriott getting coffee (Illy), newspaper, and pan a chocolate (pastry) each morning on a beach walk. I often return to go to lunch or dinner at Quinn's.

London, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

Thank you. Are they the sort you can take on and off ?

Edited: 21 April 2014, 22:37
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

Nope the green one's I saw are not the type to take off and on. You tear them off ... so some kind of reinforced paper based band. The 6 or 7 inch strip is attached together, on the wrist, by an adhesive.

They were unique ... sparkly with some kind of design or small logo printed a hundred times on the band.

To take them off you rip or cut them off ... like a wrist band in US bars or festivals ... to show you can order and drink alcholic beverages.

Edited: 22 April 2014, 15:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

Thank you. Although not what I wanted to hear. Last year they were removable. We have persuaded friends to come with us, and I know they will hate the idea of fixed bands. Hope you are enjoying your stay.

7. Re: Wrist Bands at the Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15