We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Condo Rental - 14 people

Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Topic
Need Condo Rental - 14 people

I'm looking for a condo to rent on or very near the beach. Must accommodate 14 people. (8 adults, 6 young kids). We'd also really like to have a pool. If you know of anything that might be an option for us or a good site to search, I'd love any suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Condo Rental - 14 people

I believe Marco Island fire code allows 2 people per bedroom plus 2. There are no condos on the beach or otherwise that can accommodate a group that large legally. Your best bet will be a large home with private pool and hot tub. Many of the homes are within walking distance to the beach. You are in luck too as there are many great homes on the island you can rent. Your best bet is to search VRBO, Homeaway and Flipkey.

You could consider renting two three bedroom condos in the same complex.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 01:04
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Condo Rental - 14 people

WisKim is right ... The Somerset beachfront condo 3 bedroom can fit 7 people legally. The Apollo also has 3 bedrooms ... I'm not sure if they can also fit 7 people.

These two condo's to my knowledge are the only 3 bedroom weekly rentals on the beach.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Condo Rental - 14 people

Yes, MarcoRed is right about Somerset. Somerset further restricts the fire code capacity so that their facilities are not stressed. I am sure there are other condo association's who also further limit capacity. Any owner (of a condo or home) is also able to further limit capacity.

Essex
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Condo Rental - 14 people

Try a 6 bed home on Taylor Court advertised on VRBO #8442. Fantastic home really good owner Nick very helpful. We stayed in his adjoining 4 bed home a few years ago. Highly recommended.

5. Re: Need Condo Rental - 14 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island