We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Activities

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
2 posts
Save Topic
Beach Activities

Hello: All

My wife, two of our grandsons, both age 10 and myself will visit for the first time in Mid. June. We booked a condo at South Sea Club ( Tower 4)

So now to the question. Both boys are very active in sports, and in order for them to come, they had to be pulled from the on going Baseball season. Would it be terribly rude if I did some basic skill drills with them on the beach? Just glove work no batting.

Also we will be Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, can you recommend a fine dinning establishment that the 10 yr. olds would be comfortable at.

lob
New York
Level Contributor
818 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Activities

The beach is very wide. I'm sure you can do some skills work eith your boys without interfering with anyone. As far as dining goes, I will let someone else answer that for you.

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
870 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Activities

As lob says, I am sure you will find space on the beach without upsetting other visitors.

As an aside, there is also a baseball field on Marco on Winterberry Drive - we have used this a time or two in the past with our boys practicing cricket (we're from the UK) - it at least has a bat and a hard ball in common with baseball.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Activities

Check out Marco Polo Restaurant. Kids are definitely welcomed and food is great!

London, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Activities

Most restaurants on the island are child friendly. Have a look at the on line Marco Review, which lists the restaurants. Hard to advise without knowing your preferences.

Springfield...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Activities

Thank You for the input. We are so looking forward to our visit to the Island.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Activities

A couple thoughts:

- 10 year olds should like to be on the water for lunch or dinner ... watching for birds, boats, dolphins

- SST4 has a huge beach to play on, hitting or catching

- great tip on the public diamond on Wintergreen .. but it is used a lot by scheduled teams in leagues

- Mackle park is awesome to keep the kids busy at least one day

- cool hip toy ... it is a ball ... is the Waboba ball ... it skips on water ... so get one for the kids if they want to play and throw in the Gulf

7. Re: Beach Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15