We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just another seafood restaurant?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just another seafood restaurant?

Has anyone been to or heard anything about Sasso's on Marco? We couldn't get to Marco over the summer so it's been a while since we were there. Is this a new place, or did we just miss it? Would appreciate any info.

1. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2006, 15:57
naples fl
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

just had to reply to let you know that sassos opened in August after a two year renovation. I have eaten there many times and can only say that the food is wonderful, the service is first class and was well worth waiting for. I would go so far to say that its the best restaurant

on the island far surpassing Mareks and other similar establishments. On your next visit make it a must to go see, the decor is amazing.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

Thanks Looby! We will most certainly check it out.

Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

I haven't been there yet myself, but have heard from half a dozen people who did not like it. Only one couple I know who has been there liked it the first time they went. However, they were disappointed the second time.

UK
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

Visited Marek's Restaurant when we visited Marco Island this fall and this must be Marco Island's best kept secret. The restaurant is housed in Captain Bill Collier's historical home and has been beautifully renovated. The food is out of this world and it is truly the finest gourmet restaurant in the area without a doubt. Freshest seafood imaginable and wonderul Lobster dishes (Maine and Florida) aswell as a huge selection of steaks, pasta, veal, pork, duck, rack of lamb etc., Their nightly specials are so numerous and are simply fantastic. Owner/Chef and his wife really know what they are doing - no wonder he has all those culinary awards on display - all justly deserved. If you visit Marco you must try this gem of a restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

I thought the food at Sassos was average (with the exception of the lobster purse appetizer) and the service very bad.

There are better options on Marco, perhaps Snook Inn or Cafe de Marco.

East Sussex
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

I have just returned after 5 weeks in Marco. I am a regular visitor over the last 16 years. Sasso's used to be called The Bavarian Inn ( I think it used to be owned by Konrads restaurant ) It is now under new management having been demolished and totally rebuilt -it is now hurricane proof I was informed by a waiter. I ate in Sasso's twice. Both meals were better than average. The best restaurants in Marco in my opinion are Verdi's and The Island Cafe. Mareks is good but highly overpriced and The Snook Inn is barely average ( more bar with food than restaurant ) I hope this helps.

LNG
Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

We live fulltime on Marco. We have been to Sassos twice and were very disappointed with food and quality of service both times. It has been very hard to get quality servers on Marco for a few years.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

Thanks for all the info. Probably saved us a real disappointment and a couple hundred dollars! Took a look at their menu and wasn't impressed. I think we'll skip this one. Too many other places to try.

Beardstown, IL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Just another seafood restaurant?

We appreciate the review of Sasso's also. We're in Marco just one more day; tomorrow we return to sub-zero temps in Central Illinois. :( We were looking for a special restaurant to have dinner our last night here. The best we've had so far is Capt Brien's. Dinner was good - but breakfast there is the best!! Eggs benedict with crab and lobster. MMMMmmm!!