We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco in May?

ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Marco in May?

Does Marco island haver more of a beach-vibe or a retirement community vibe? Myself, husband, mom, and 1 year old are planning a trip and are considering M.I. We would like some nightlife, but not spring break. Want to golf, pool, beach, and maybe water sports during the day. Thanks!

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco in May?

Marco is definitely more of a retirement community. Although there are several bars with live performers in the area. May is probably the very best time to visit Marco. No traffic, value season rates, some of the best fishing, warm and dry weather, and reduced green fees. You are a genius for picking that time!

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i7780-Places_to…

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco in May?

Marco is perfect for the family you describe. Best beach. NIce and quiet with lots of room for a one year old to play. Not bothered by any spring breakers ever or loads of teens. Great restaurants for all of you. Good water sports to rent at the beach. Golf all around the Island (the Island course is private). You'l love it. Enjoy!

3. Re: Marco in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 09:18