We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

Michigan
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

I have been reviewing the pages of condo recommendations and wanted to get opinions on these three. As mentioned previously, we are looking at going in May with two children (ages 7/9). For us access to beach and a great pool are the top priorities. Next on our list would be kids activities/programs offered by the complex. In your opinions, what are the pros/cons of each of these places.

Michigan
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

bump

florida
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

I have stayed at the charter club and the eagles nest through my time share, both are great for kids. Eagles nest being a bit for hotel like and charter club more time share. both are right on the beach.

with water sports available to rent.

florida
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

They also have daily kids activities, nice, but smaller pools and grills for cooking on. The units at the charter club are all two bedrooms, the eagles nest are one or two beds. the eagels have screened in balconys the charter club does not which i prefer.

Both have tennis courts.

Michigan
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

Thank you for your replies. We have always stayed at Sanibel but the beach conditions right now aren't the best and we wanted something similiar. MI sounds wonderful!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

We've stayed at Somerset several years with our kids. It has great accommodations...plent of storage for beach toys, etc. It is nice because one of the pools gets sun and another gets shade during the day. There is a large wood walkway to the beach that requires a security key to get in/out. However, the pools are pretty basic and there are no kids activities or music at the pool so you are on your own to create fun.

fayetteville ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

Hey iowacassandra,

Thinking about the Somerset, is it clean and quiet?

Are the balconies private i.e do i have to look at my neighbors when im relaxing out there. Thank's

Wigan UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

We're owners at the Eagles Nest on Marco Island and My wife and I have stayed at the Charter Club as well. We'be going from England to Marco for 9 years. Both offer the following-

Easy access to the beach.

Great rooms very clean and well prepared for your arrival.

Eagles Nest has a better lobby area with sitting space and comfortable for the family to play games and free coffee 24/7 - send your child in the morning to collect free coffee whilst you lay in bed looking at the beach!!!

Charter Club have these facilities in a separate building a short walk from the two Charter towers. No free coffee!

I would say that Charter Club rooms are slightly bigger. Also Charter linai's have no bug netting and the linai is bigger. (you can sunbathe easier!!)

Eagles Nest is more stylish and the pool area is better with not just a square pool. The pool has been recently renovated after Wilma. There lots of activities for all ages at Eagles and our 23 years old daughter enjoys the Bingo!!! (how sad!)

Charter is walking sistance to the shops and cafes etc. Eagles is a short 2 minute drive.

I would say that Eagles Nest staff are kinder and friendlier that Charter.

If I can help in any other way then do email at awayal@aol.com or +44-1257-421931

regards

Alan & Aukje Clegg

Manchester England.

Ps. Both are very safe and happy for children.

8. Re: Charter Club, Somerset, or Eagles Nest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 21:20