We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

We are headed to Marco Island in March. I have searched through TripAdvisor's links including Expedia, Orbitz, et cetera, but it seems that the best rate I found so far was through a golfing website (full view suites for a tad less than what other sites were charging for partial views). All these sites have "best rate guarantees" which must mean next to nothing.

Anyone have any good suggestions about how to go about truly getting the lowest rate (either a la carte or in a package with flight).

Thanks!

Marco Island,FL
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

Renting a condo or house from private owners will most likely provide the most economical lodging, especially if you can stay for a week. Just go to GOOGLE and search for Marco Island Rentals.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i7780-Places_to…

Wilmette
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

I've stayed at a couple of the hotels and have also rented--renting is far cheaper, even when it's a place on the beach.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

If you haven't tried direct from owner rentals previously, try this:

Go to Vacation Rentals by Owners www.vrbo.com

Click on: USA >Florida >Southeast >Marco Island

You will find NUMEROUS options. However, I just realized that you are travelling in March...perhaps already there. Maybe the information will prove handy for your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

Ummmm....within the directions...should have indicated "Southwest", not "Southeast"....Sorry

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

We've been renting private homes on Marco Island for 12+ years. Have successfully used www.vrbo.com and www.cyberrentals.com. Highly recommend private home or condo rental. Much more affordable and comfortable.

Fayetteville, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

If you want to stay directly on the beach, I suggest you try the Charter Club of Marco Beach. All units are two bedroom/two bath oceanfront. It's less expensive than a hotel room at the Marriott or Hilton.

7. Re: Cheapest Way to Book Marco Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:21