We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there very many poeple who ride bikes in that area

Statham, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Are there very many poeple who ride bikes in that area

My wife an I are coming to the Oeaanique for a week starting May 10th to 17th bringing my Harley to ride. We're in our late 50's an love to ride. Do many people ride bikes in the area and how is the law on this there. We're not ruffnecks, I'm actually a Deputy Sheriff in Georgia myself. Any sugguestion on where to go there on a bike, bars or hangouts. Thanks for any info anyone may have. We're comming for a week of fun in the sun an riding.

Shamudan

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Del'z Freeze
£, American, Fast food
Meg O'Malley's Restaurant & Irish Pub
££ - £££, American, Irish, Bar
Thai Hana
££ - £££, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
591 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there very many poeple who ride bikes in that area

While I don't ride myself, there are quite a few riders in this area. To my untrained eye, a good percentage of them look like off-duty lawyers or dentists. For a ride, I think you might enjoy going over one of the causeways and heading north on A1A.

While it's not a biker bar, there's usually a half dozen or so bikes parked in the lot of the Conch Key Grille ( http://www.conchkeygrille.com/ ).

florida
Level Contributor
296 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there very many poeple who ride bikes in that area

Another great place to ride down to is Sebastian, go to Capt. Hiram along the Banana River. There are a lot of great places to stop, and on Sunday lots of bikers just enjoying the weekend. Most places have live music, food, drink and enjoy the view.

Mentioned in this post
Sebastian
Sebastian
Florida
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,775 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there very many poeple who ride bikes in that area

There are lots of people riding in this area. Lou's Blues is one place some bikers go on Sunday. It's only a couple miles from Oceanique. The ride to Sebastian as previously suggested is nice, you can take US1 to Sebastian. You will see the signs for Captain Hirams right on US1. They have a website you can see what it's like. A lot of bikers also go to Earls Hideaway just south of Hirams but it can be a little rougher group there at times. Another place to go is to Port Canaveral, about 20 minutes north. In the port area there are several restaurants right on the water, Grills being the fav here on TA. Watch the cruise ships and the people trying to launch boats at the ramp. On weekends it called the boat ramp follies. Amazing what you will see there.

You can also ride south on A1A and stop at Sebastian Beach Inn (about 15 min south of Melbourne Beach) and then on to Sebastian Inlet. There's a state park there.

If you want to ride further stay on A1A to Wabasso Beach (another 15 minutes) then take SR510 west to US1, go north 15 minutes & you will be in Sebastian. Take Indian River Drive and you will find Captain Hirams. After Hirams, stay on Indian River Drive (it comes back out on US1) and go north back to Melbourne.

As for laws the main one is you do not have to wear a helmet. However as you probably know it's better to wear one. As always watch out for the idiots who are not watching out for you.

Hope you have a great vacation1

Mentioned in this post
Sebastian
Sebastian
Florida
Port Canaveral
Port Canaveral
254 Reviews
Port Canaveral, FL
Melbourne Beach
Melbourne Beach
Brevard County, FL
Melbourne
Melbourne
Brevard County, FL
4. Re: Are there very many poeple who ride bikes in that area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:19