We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

South East England...
Level Contributor
446 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

We are planning the last few nights of our holiday and want a good hotel on the beach at Melbourne .

Does anyone know if all the Hiltons rooms are oceanfront or oceanview as we wouldnt want to end up with a roon facing inland ?? Ive tried emailing Hilton but cant get a definite answer from anyone which suggests there may be some rooms that are not so good.

any help appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Brevard County, FL
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,672 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

I'm not sure about all of the rooms, however the hotel sits at an angle so some rooms will not have much of and oceanview. Their website offers oceanview and ocean front. When making reservations if you dont get ocean front I would ask for an oceanview as close to the oceanfront rooms as possible.

South East England...
Level Contributor
446 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

thanks bornwithwheels for your help.

Hilton.com have now replied that oceanfront rooms are in the original tower while oceanview are in the new tower so presumably it is the new tower that some rooms may have a sideways view of the ocean . I suppose its possible there are some rooms in the new tower that dont have much of a view at all ( maybe face the back of the original tower )but I have now booked an oceanfront room so hopefully wont be facing inland !!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,672 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

Sounds like a good decision. I think you will be fine. You will be next door to Lou's Blues which is very popular for a few drinks and live music. Melo's restaurant is on Eau Gallie Blvd and has good italian and Mezza Luna Italian just opened up across the causeway. Squid Lips also just moved to the west side of Eau Gallie causeway. Good seafood there. The Cove is a little north and has live music, new owners so can't tell you what the food is like. Enigma also up that way has good food. To the south is Long Doggers, great for casual eating, wings, burgers, etc. And City Tropics Bistro also has music and good food, it is on the Melbourne 192 Causeway. Across the Melbourne causeway is Old Downtown with lots of little shops, restaurants and bars. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Brevard County, FL
South East England...
Level Contributor
446 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

thanks for all your info, bornwithwheels.

I have taken note of all your suggestions--thats really helpful

The few days we will be in Melbourne are at the end of our holiday so we d like to finish on a high note so your local advice is most welcome.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Brevard County, FL
Dublin,Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

Just wondering how your Melbourne vist went? We are regular Floridavisitors, but will be doing a couple of nights in September with just myself and hubby. I want a really nice hotel, on the beach. Thinking Melbourne?

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Brevard County, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

Killdara,

If you are looking for something special take a look at the Port D'Hiver. Rave reviews and nicely tucked away in Melbourne Beach. You can find reviews here at tripadvisor.

For Melbourne... the Hilton on the beach is likely a good bet. The Doubletree in Melbourne is also on the beach and all rooms are "ocean front" as the building does not sit sideways.

The other option would be Crown Plaza in Melbourne but many of the rooms would be "view". Be sure to ask the property.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne Beach
Melbourne Beach
Brevard County, FL
Melbourne
Melbourne
Brevard County, FL
South East England...
Level Contributor
446 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

We had a good few days at the Hilton Oceanfront---the staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and our oceanfront room was clean with a terrific view--we could see and hear the sea from the bed which we loved.

The hotel was pretty quiet when we stayed but possibly at busy times there might be a shortage of pool chairs plus although there was one computer with free internet access it was popular so access might be a problem.

The only comment I would make is that the hotel comprises 2 blocks --the older block has oceanfront rooms but they only have a tiny balcony with no room at all to sit on it even if there were chairs

( which there werent ).The oceanview rooms in the new building have bigger balconies with chairs and many rooms would I think have good views but not quite as good as oceanfront.However I think some rooms might just look across to the oceanfront block so the ocean view would be at an angle.

There are other hotels close by with oceanfront rooms but do check whether the rooms have balconies if that is important.For example I dont think the Doubletree did.

hope this helps.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,672 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

It's been a while since I've stayed at the Doubletree (it was the Quality Suites when we were there pre-hurricanes) but I want to say there are small balconies because I remember we always sleep with the sliding glass doors open so we can hear the ocean and get the ocean breeze. We were there for a wedding and for a xmas party so it would have been the time of year with few bugs and cool breezes.

9. Re: Hilton Hotel oceanfront Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 05:15