We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to check out

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What to check out

I'm coming down to Melbourne January 13-16. I'll be looking at houses during that time. Obviously we won't be looking at houses 24/7 and I'd really like to get a feel for the area before we decide definitely to move there.

With that in mind, is there anything you'd suggest as something to check out or not to be missed?

Woodbridge...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: What to check out

Planning on visiting in March for Nationals' spring training but will have time to do things other than hang out at Space Coast Stadium. My hotel is the Hampton Inn on Sheriff Rd. Looking for suggestions for not-to-be-missed restaurants for lunch and/or dinner as well as things to do that may be unique to the area. Great shopping in northern Virginia where I live, so that would be last on my list. Enjoy history, culture, artsy stuff. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Nats fan

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,527 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What to check out

Downtown Melbourne has some art galleries, Henegar Center (which is historical in itself as its the old Melbourne High School) has plays and concerts. The King Center a larger venue also has plays and concerts and other entertainment. Old Downtown Eau Gallie also is historical and has some a few art galleries. We are not a large city but we do have some nice shops in downtown, the Melbourne Square Mall for typical Mall shopping, The Avenues at Viera for some more upscale shops as well as others like Kohls and Belk. We are only 1 hour from Orlando for several other malls as well as outlet shopping and 2 1/2 hours from Ft. Lauderdale if you want mega outlets (Sawgrass Mills). You will also be close to the Cocoa Beach, Cocoa Village and the Port.

There are a lot of restaurants to choose from. I have not experienced as many up towards the Stadium however Mimi's is very popular at the Avenues, there are several chain restaurants there. Grills at Pineda & US1 is good and so is River Rocks. If you read some of the previous posts by me & a few others you will find a lot of restaurant suggestions.

If you like nature you might want to explore the Merritt Island Nature Preserve and check out an airboat tour on the St. Johns River. Check out Florida Today online entertainment for what is happening in the area. In April there is a large Art Festival in Downtown Melbourne.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What to check out

Just wanted to throw a big THANK YOU out to everyone. We're moving down at the end of the month! Can't wait!!

14. Re: What to check out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne
Recent Conversations