We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

Just booked a week at Oceanique with my family. We have 3 children under the age of 8 and am wondering what the weather's like there the last week of October and the first week of November. Any place to trick or treat? Warm ocean? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

There are a couple good places for trick or treating. The Brevard Zoo does Boo at the Zoo, you will need to bring flashlights for this one. They put red paper over the lens so as not to disturb the animals. At each stoping point along the way there are people who give out candy. http://www.brevardzoo.org/

Also Downtown Melbourne has a safe trick or treat nite. http://www.downtownmelbourne.com/

You will have to check with them to see which nite they are doing it. The Melbourne Square mall has one too but it gets very crowded and to me is just not worth it.

Temps will be starting to cool off altho I have seen some years that its very warm and others that is very cold. Just no telling yet. If you are used to colder water temps then our ocean may seem warm. If you see surfers wearing wetsuits you will know its pretty cold!

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

Thanks so much for the info. We are from Canada and it's pretty cold here come Hallowe'en. I read that the average temperature around there is 77....is this accurate? Also, any great places to shop around there?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

There are several shopping areas. Downtown Melbourne has some cute shops. Melbourne Square Mall, Ross, Best Buy and Target are all located on Hwy 192. The Avenues at Viera has some upscale shops along with Kohls, Super Target, Ross, Belk and a Super Wal-Mart. Along Eau Gallie Blvd you will find another Ross and Bealls department store. If you head to Palm Bay about 15 minutes south of Melbourne near I-95 there is a new shopping plaza that has another Ross, another Kohls, Marshalls and few other stores. Nearby is TJ Maxx. (Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls are all discount type department stores). I like Ross the best, my MIL likes TJ Maxx best. You will also find a few surf / swim wear shops beachside.

Also you can head up to Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral for a day trip, vist the port and watch the cruise ships and fishing boats, visit Jetty Park and visit Ron Jons Surf Shop and Cocoa Beach Pier while there. Or head south to Sebastian Inlet (no shopping down that way tho!).

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

Also forgot to say you will only be about 1 hour to Florida Mall in Orlando and just a little further to the outlet malls, Mall of Milenia, etc.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

thanks! Weather?? What's the average temp around hallowe'en?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

I have seen 80's and I have seen 50's & 60's. However many years 75 degrees it about it. Check noaa.gov or accuweather.com before coming over. It gives a 15 day approximate forcast and should be close. its not always spot on but it will at least tell you what it's supposed to be.

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

We stayed a week at Oceanique in April, and love it. My parents have a time share there, and every once in awhile we will buy their week (at a nice discount off of them) off of them.

Enjoy...

Art

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

Hi everyone - I have been trying to get in touch with Oceanique to see about staying there soon but not getting answers from my emails - can you help me with contact information for me?

Also can you give me an idea of the prices you have paid for a week ?

Thank you

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

Here is a link to the Beach clubs website which is a company that handles some of the rentals: http://www.beachclubs.com/ . Not sure if that is where you are sending your emails. Maybe Newkie could give you some contact info. You might send him a PM to ask.

10. Re: anyone stay at Oceanique lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne