We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Hi, Looks like I'll be needing to make a trip to Melbourne for a family crises. I'm looking for a hotel that you can recommend that is for more of a long term stay. Perhaps 2 weeks or more. I LOVE the Radisson on the beach but 139 per night for an extended stay won't cut it. Any recommendations?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,231 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

The beach is rather short on hotels. Here's a recent conversation about locally-owned places at a local surfing website.

2ndlight.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm…

Otherwise, the Rialto Hilton and Residence Inn near the airport (the latter is relatively new) or the Courtyard on road 192 in West Melbourne.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Thanks BlueRusso The Residence Inn at 139 per night would be too much & the Rialto Hilton is about 101 & up would be okay except I realize for an extended stay I would need a little kitchenette..Tomorrow I will check out that link you sent for locally-owned places...

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,900 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

There is another hotel near the airport / mall area. Its called extended stay.The have kitchenettes, etc. Here is the link: extendedstayhotels.com/hotels/melbourne-airp…

There are some old hotels on US1 that also charge low rates but they are not reputable, I would not use them. There are also some small mom & pop hotels beachside but not sure if there rates would be any better. Another thought is vrbo.com which may have a condo or home you could rent short term. Most are weekly rentals but some give a discount for monthly.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,231 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Extended Stay looks like the best so far. The mom & pop places at the beach are mostly tiny. If you look at southern Indialantic (south of 192 (Fifth Ave) on the beach, using Google Maps, you'll see a cluster of small places. One, the Monterey, could be worth checking.

http://www.montereymelbourne.com

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

There are a number of condo units toward the Indian Harbour and Satellite Beach areas. I have a feeling they will still be above your budget. Maybe look at VRBO?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Hi :)

We are looking into the Extended stay hótel recommended here, can you tell me how it is located, is it in the Downtown area and are we right to think about 5-10 min drive to beach?

We are a family of 4 needing to stay 11 days in Melbourne

Thank you

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,231 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Melbourne is an urbanized blob without a real downtown, other than shopping spread out along US highway 192, which is New Haven Avenue on the mainland, 5th Avenue on the beach. According to Google, drive time from the hotel to Longboard House surf shop at the beach end of 192 is 12 minutes, which sounds about right.

The hotel is close to, but not easy to walk due to a ditch, the very nice Premiere movie theater and is adjacent to the local shopping mall (3 department stores), across the street from electronics (Best Buy) and books (Barnes & Noble). The supermarket (Publix) is a bit farther. You can probably walk or run in Melbourne Village, a residential area on Crane Drive at the traffic light north of the hotel.

By the way, Google Maps and Google Street View are good, and appear up to date for the hotel area and for the beach.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 00:54
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

I love that Radisson too, going back for a night the first week of March and again in July. Anyway, just a heads up, if you go with that Extended Stay, they have a promo going on stays of longer than 2 nights. There's a discount of $20-200 off depending on the length of your stay. Link: http://flsave.com/espromo . Has to be booked by Jan 31 though.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

Thank you for that promo Info :) saved me 50 dollars !

10. Re: Long term stay in Melbourne Florida/beachside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne
Recent Conversations