We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Tech area

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana, Missouri
1 post
Save Topic
Florida Tech area

Hi guys,

This is not really a trip question since im planing on moving to melbourne for some time.

Im planing on study in FIT, but Ive seen in several places that the FIT area is quiet bad in terms of crimes, how much of that is true? is it really that bad?

In case I will start studying there would you recommend to rent an apartment in "safer" neighborhoods? or should I live in the doorms?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,714 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Tech area

Justin, I will send you a PM with some info on the area. There are safe places near there, just one really bad area off University towards the east that has high crime. The area to the west and south of FIT is fine and they are just finishing some brand new apartments right across the street from the campus.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Tech area

I have the same question.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 14:47
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,714 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Tech area

Jim, sent you same PM, hope it helped a little.

4. Re: Florida Tech area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne