We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

Hello, my wife and I are heading to the Melbourne Beach area in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good beach bars with live entertainment. Thank you so much!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

Lou's Blues, City Tropic Bistro, The Cove are the main bars beach side. The Crown Hotel has the local radio station DJ'ing on Friday afternoon / eve's and has drink specials.

Across the bridge in old downtown Melbourne there is a place called the Foo Bar which is pretty cool but not really a dancing type of place, there is also Meg O'Malleys and a Martini Bar. There is a Friday Fest once a month where they shut down the streets and have live music, etc. Depending how far south in Melbourne Beach you are staying there is a place called Sebastian Beach Inn but it is pretty far south from everything else.

FL
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

^ good suggestions.melbourne Beach is a quiet town, for night life drive a short distance up to Indialantic and Indian Harbor Beach, or cross the causeway to downtown Melbourne. can't go to meg O'Malley's they had a fire and are closed. 20 miles south to Captain Hiram's in Sebastian is also good, but nothing else to do if you don't like the band.

United States
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

I see the places suggested are about a year old. Just wondering if anything has changed? Also, Pace, you said to go to DT Melbourne but didn't name anywhere particular. :)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

They have added some new bars to downtown, Mainstreet which I didn't mentiion earlier, The Trax, and a few others have been added and a couple new restaurants. Last weekend of April is the Melbourne Art Festival with several live bands, art, jewelry, etc. There is a new bar / club getting ready to open in West Melbourne near I-95 called LevelZ. Everything else I stated is still the same. City Tropics & Grill 192 are also good places.

5. Re: Melbourne Beach Nightlife...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne Beach