We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants at melbourne beach, fl

Which Melbourne Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valley Bend, West...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants at melbourne beach, fl

I will be walking so where are the best restaurants near by Crowne Plaza?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,228 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants at melbourne beach, fl

1tennant-I will look on my way home from work tomorrow but this is what I remember plus a little local info.

Even tho we call beachside Melbourne Beach most of the beach area is Indialantic, Indian Harbour, & Satellite Beach. Melbourne Beach itself is actually about 5 miles south of Crown Plaza. Just a little local info for you! Crown Plaza is located in the middle of Indialantic & between the 2 causeways as well. Not many places in walking distance to Crown.

Possible these:

Haru-Sushi & more type of place

Longdoggers-A little of everything, not a dress up place, you can wear your bathing suit here. May be a little bit of a walk

Also a bit of a hike but at 5th Ave a.k.a Hwy 192 there are quite a few restaurants:

City Tropics Bistro-a little of everything-live music at night

Island Fish Co-nice upscale great for evening

Bizzarro's Pizza-Many people love this place-I am not one of them

Cold Stone Creamery-Expensive ice cream

Subway

Medditerranean-Sorry can't think of the name of it but it's just across from Subway

Adiamos-Upscale Italian

Going north there is an Ichabod's Beachside, not sure if it's in walking distance to Crown.

Here are others if you have a transportation:

Djon's-Steakhouse, very upscale, need reservations

Chart House-also upscale-hit & miss on food here. I have had good and not as good as it should be for the price (a la cart menu)

Ichabods on the Waterfront-good Mahi sandwhich & bar food-music in the evenings-more older generation. Nice view-located at the yacht basin in Downtown Melbourne: Also in downtown are:

Matts Casbah

Off the Traxx

Meg O'Malleys

Island Pasta

Eau Gallie Causeway:

Melo's Italian-not a pizza joint but good italian food

Pistilli's(spelling?) Not bad for lunch-haven't tried the pizza yet

Bonachers-Sports bar, decent food

Green Turtle-has a small dining room with very good food and take out Deli with good soup / sandwhich choices

Seafood Places:

Squid Lips-hit & miss on food-live music

Bone Fish Willy's

Grills at Pineda & US1

River Rocks-north of PIneda on US1-has upscale indoor dining and bar food outside with live music

Haru-Sushi bar-not far from Crown Plaza

Sand on the Beach-this is actually located in Melbourne Beach, nice place with upstairs bar overlooking the ocean-however I have been twice & was not overly impressed with the food.

Breakfast:

Blueberry Muffin-very popular-sometimes you will have to wait for a table

Scrambled Egg-Breakfast & Lunch-I like it better for lunch but I have only tried it once for breakfast.

Apollo Diner-a locals place across the causeway but good breakfast

There are loads of others. If you are looking for something special let us know. There are also a couple Greek restaurants and German restaurants in the area.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,228 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants at melbourne beach, fl

Ok, in walking distance the closest is the Jungle Orchid (an organic restaurant / store), then a little further south is Bunky's Raw Bar (have not eaten here so can't comment), Ichabods (we like the one in downtown Melbourne better, but have only had drinks at this one) and Thai, Thai which is another I have not tried. Those 3 are in the same plaza, less than 1/4 mi from CP. To the north is an Italian place, I think its called Mio's, they are diner type pizza & pasta, not as good as Melo's which is on Eau Gallie Causeway but probably a lot less expensive.

3. Re: best restaurants at melbourne beach, fl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2015, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne Beach