We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

Which Melbourne Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

I am coming to Melbourne for a work trip in August.

Which of the two hotels is a better place to stay please?

DoubleTree Melbourne Beach Oceanfront or

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Any comments, recommendations greatly appreciated.

Also any good things to do in Melbourne if my hubby and 3 year old were to come along?

Thanks much

C. Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

Do the Radisson.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

The benefits of the Doubletree are that every room is ocean front with deck. All the rooms are suite format sitting area separate from sleeping. Doubletree has a small, poolside bar.

At the Hilton, most of the rooms are ocean view. The south tower, south facing rooms have more highway frontage than I like. Hilton has a nicer pool area with a pleasant tiki bar. The indoor bar and restaurant are more substantial than Doubletree.

I have stayed at both an equal number of nights with a slight preference for the Doubletree. Take care about your room assignment at the Hilton.

The hotels share the same management, so I can accurately state both hotels have equally courteous and capable management.

New York
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

Hi- I was deciding between these 2 hotels too-any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Melbourne Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

If I had to pick one of your choices, I would pick Double Tree. But I would suggest the Crown Plaza, which is very close to both the hotels you are looking at now. The Crown Plaza is just an all around better experience in my opinion!!!

Check it out:

http://www.cpmelbourne.com/

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

Crown Plaza like all the hotels on the beach was redone about 6 or 7 years ago after the hurricanes. I haven't stayed there recently but it is closer to the Indialantic Boardwalk, and the restaurants on 5th ave. Not in walking distance to much like the Double Tree and the Hilton are. Those are closer to the Eau Gallie causeway. All are an easy drive to most everything in Melbourne. Check out the Melbourne forum for more info on restaurants and things to do.

New York
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

thanks, we actually are going to book using Hilton points. So trying to find the best Hilton (or Hilton brand) in Cocoa, I guess second choice would be Melbourne. We stayed at the Hilton in Cocoa a few years ago, but want something with a balcony this time around. So you locals, if you had to pick a Hilton brand hotel, which one? And if Double tree wasn't available, next choice??

thanks!!!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

There are only 4 chain hotels beachside in the Melbourne area. All are located in Indialantic. The Hilton is very nice, I have only been to a wedding there, have not stayed over, however the couple from the wedding and their friends stayed there and said is was nice. I have stayed at the Doubletree a number of years ago. It used to be another hotel chain, after the hurricanes it was remodeled and became the Doubletree. If I remember right the beach might be a little rocky there. Some rocks close to shore. However all of the rooms are ocean Front, not ocean view. The Hilton has some that are only ocean view and some ocean front. I think I would choose the Hilton but just make sure you ask for OceanFront room.

New York
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

thanks so much, appreciate your thoughts on it!

9. Re: Hilton MB Oceanfront or DoubleTree MB Oceanfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Melbourne Beach