We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf Beach Rentals - Please Advise

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Gulf Beach Rentals - Please Advise

Greetings everyone!

I have been searching for the past two months for quiet honeymoon locations (per the misses requirements) and am apparently terrible at finding suitable locations. My budget for housing is $1,800/week.

REQUIREMENTS: Quiet, semi-secluded, MUST be on beach and MUST have turquoise water (she has a fear of not being able to see where she's stepping, silly goose), and a few places to eat or grocery store within 20 minutes would be nice.

NO NO'S: Not on the beach, hotel, town house--well, basically anything she may have to share with someone else.

With that said, I was looking at Mexico Beach, Saint Joe Beach, etc. Please help!! Actual rentals, experiences, locations would be SO very helpful.

Thanks!

MyBabbles

Louisiana
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gulf Beach Rentals - Please Advise

The factor most affecting your rate and the seclusion will be when are you going?

Water color/clarity: i prefer Mexico Beach or Cape San Blas between the stump hole and State Park.

We have stayed at both places and been perfectly happy. We stayed once between St. Joe Beach and Port St. Joe and while it was great for the kids the water wasn't quite as pretty (but clarity was fine and tons of sea life close to the shore). Haven't stayed at St. Joe Beach but understand it is fine.

We stayed toward Indian Pass once and again found the water not as pretty.

Good luck on your search. If you have any specific questions, I will be happy to help if I can.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gulf Beach Rentals - Please Advise

Thanks for the reply!

We're going mid-September. Most likely the last week, but definitely in September. From what I've seen, it's usually priced fairly nice.

I did look at a few in Cape San Blas, but most have been in Mexico Beach. As you have been there, do y'all frequent specific rental companies/cabins or hop around to different locations?

Again, thanks for the reply. I've definitely narrowed my search down!

Edited: 03 April 2014, 22:55
Louisiana
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gulf Beach Rentals - Please Advise

My favorite company to rent from is Pristine Properties......they have always been fantastic to work with. We have also rented from other companies and never had a major problem with any of them. One thing you will want to watch for is that some of the places there provide linens but some do not. You can bring them with you or they give you information on a place there where you can rent. We have always rented linens provided so I can't give you recommendations on that. Usually the rent is cheaper without the linens.....just be sure you are aware whether or not they are provided!

I think you will have no problem finding a great place at that time. You might just call a few of the companies and give them the specifics of what you want (gulf front, fairly secluded, budget, type of rental, etc.). They will be able to give you the best properties they have to offer that fit your requirements. I always call if I have specific questions and it definitely helps.

4. Re: Gulf Beach Rentals - Please Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mexico Beach
Recent Conversations