We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tony Chan's Downtown

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coral Springs FL
Level Contributor
736 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Tony Chan's Downtown

Good Morning!

We decided to have a nice leisurely dinner before the Theater at the Carnival Center last night, and chose Tony Chan's.

The place is beautiful with large glass windows overlooking the Bay, they use white linen tablecloths and napkins...very pretty, nice ambience.

They have a very large menu, full chinese menu and also a good selection of sushi in a separate menu. All of the prices were VERY reasonable...dinner for two with wine was $60.00

We chose to have the Crispy Chicken appetizer which was minced chicken with red and green bell pepper, water chestnuts, and spices all in very tiny bites with crispy fried triangles of what I believe was won ton wrappers....it was very good.

We then had spicy tuna roll and what they called sunny roll. The sushi was very tasty, the sauces they put on very light. The wasabi was very creamy. The only thing we didn't like (which was our fault) was the fake crab they put in the sunny roll.

A wonderful experience, thanks to AdvisorGirl for giving us a lovely meal.

By the way, if you have room and time, there is a food court next to Tony's that has individual flan in the refrigerator case for $2 -- I thought it would be the fake custard kind, but it tasted just like my Cuban girlfriend used to make me!!! Very thick and heavy with the perfect caramel syrup. My daughter and I shared one and savored every bite!

Lisa

The restaurant is in the Marriott Grand, and the valet parking is $3.75 after validation.

Miami
Level Contributor
228 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tony Chan's Downtown

I agree with TravelLuv ... Tony Chan's, in my opinion, is the best Chinese restaurant in Miami. I've always done take-out there, but the restaurant does have a lovely view of the bay.

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tony Chan's Downtown

It's been 10 years since I lived in Miami but I remember Tony Chan's fondly--used to work next door at The Miami Herald and we'd treat ourselves to lunch there occasionally. It is indeed a beautiful view, either of the bay or the kitchen! I'm really glad to hear that it's survived and is still serving wonderful food.

3. Re: Tony Chan's Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 11:23