We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

Anybody stayed at this hotel before?

What's the location like and is it walking distance to everything or will I have to drive and park up?

Any thoughts most welcome.

Regards,

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,928 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

Ash>

There is a Marriott on 2/Ocean that is an ocean front resort in the middle of all the action on Ocean Drive and there is a Courtyard Marriott on Washington Ave that has a pool on the roof and is 2 or 3 blocks away from the sand. Both are nice places and well situated to walk to everything on South Beach or take the circle line

(PRINT these maps:)

southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

Which one are you considering?

AG

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

I've just booked this one at 3925 Collins Avenue:

www.marriott.com/miabh

From this website it has a pool and is just steps from the beach. Not sure if the pool is on the roof or not though.

Is that the one you talk about? So it's good and has a reasonable location?

Thank you for responding.

UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

Hi did you end up staying at this hotel? I'm going in July and wondered what you thought of it?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

I'll be totally honest with you:

We did stay here but we had a nitemare. Upon check-in they had no record of our reservation even tho we had paid for it all up front. They were fully booked and in a roundabout way they wanted us to leave until I rang the sales rep we booked it with. Turns out they had spelt our name wrong by one letter. After no apology and them looking at the screen mumbling to eachother we were eventually shown to our room which upon viewing from the outside you would have guessed it was the "elevator/lift" maintenance door. We kept hearing the "dings" from the lift all night and we didn't sleep at all.

We eventually complained but after not really being offered anything I decided to pay the extra through our rep and move to another hotel which pretty much made our whole holiday.

I'm not saying this is a bad hotel - we simply had a bad experience. What I would say tho is that the location isn't great if you want to talk to anything. You can access the beach right next to the pool and there was a bar/food area between the pool and beach which I'm sure is nice. For me tho, I like to walk to shops and restaurants.

I would try and stay nearer the main strip of South Beach where it's a little busier (perhaps more noise) but worth the extra $$ just to have access to everything because parking can be an itemare at night. The strip moves really slow usually because you have people flashing their nice cars etc. That's what Miami is all about I reckon unless of course you are going there for quiet time away from things.

5. Re: Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Marriott Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 02:20