We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami International to Naples

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Miami International to Naples

Can anyone advice of the best route from MIA to Naples.

Mapquest & Expedia give 2 options.

One to go along the 27 until it meets the 75 the other to go along 27 to the Palemetto Expressway and join 75 from there.

We are landing around 4pm on Friday 1st June don't expect to leave the airport until 6 ish (hopefully before). Know the roads will be busy at that time so need advice on the best way to go.

Regards

Rettie

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami International to Naples

Don't take 27. There are two ways:

Take Lejeune/NW 42 Ave South to the 836 west (traffic may be rough but you are not on long like 1.5 miles max) to the 826 North to 75 west.

Or you could take Doral Blvd/NW 34St (it's the road just north of the airport) west to the 826 North to 75 North.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami International to Naples

Thanks Doggiebus

I take it by the 836 you mean the Dolphin, travelled along that to the 826 before (took wrong turning once coming out ot the Mall and ended up miles along the Palmettto!).

That was my thinking but doing the directions with the above mentioned companies confused me.

We are hiring from Budget which is on NW 28th St if I remember right, would we be better taking your second option in that case?

Regards

Rettie

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami International to Naples

I would probably say do the second one, just because of the traffic on the 836. When you land or on your way to the car rental office you can see if the 836 is at a crawl (which it probably will be at that hour on a Friday) and decide if you want to take that route. Ask the people at the car rental agency as they can help to. Either way you will get to Naples. I forgot to add that you need to take Lejeune north for like a mile or less to get to Doral Blvd.

Take Lejeune/NW 42 Ave North to Doral Blvd/NW 34St (it's the road just north of the airport) west to the 826 North to 75 North. FYI there is a toll on I-75, so make sure you have some cash on hand.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami International to Naples

Thanks again Doggiebus.

Know about the Tolls.

Will probably heed your adice, Doral looks shorter.

Rettie

5. Re: Miami International to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 18:16