We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami vs Ft. Lauderdale

Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Miami vs Ft. Lauderdale

OK, so I am planning a trip for the Ravens/Dolphins game in October. I have never been to Miami. I have been to Lauderdale half a dozen times. And I just love it. It is just so layed back. I love being able to sit at a bar and look out at the water, listen to Buffet and relax. I am worried that a cab ride to and from the football game would be ridiculously expensive. But I don't want to sacrifice that relaxed fun. So, I need some opinions. If Miami is suggested, where inexpensive and within reasonable proximity to the stadium would you reccomend? I would like something on the beach.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami vs Ft. Lauderdale

I'll keep an eye on this thread as well; planning to attend the Dolphins/Seahawks in November, and have some of the same questions. I was looking at Shula's Hotel and Golf Club which looks pretty good @ $200 per night. Doesn't look like it's close to any beach, but 5 miles or so from the stadium. I haven't had any responses from the locals on this place though. I'm a sucker for anything that has Shula's name on it. Also a huge Parrot Head; I believe you meant to say Buffett (with 2 Ts)ha ha! I do that all the time. Often I'll see advertisements on a billboard for a buffet, and I get all hyped up for about half a second thinking Buffett is coming to town. How for out is Ft. Lauderdal from the stadium? Sounds like my kinda place.

Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami vs Ft. Lauderdale

Well, unfortunately I just got off the phone with the local Taxi company, and they told me $75 each way from Lauderdale beach to Pro Player stadium. That's alot, but I may end up doing that anyway. Ideally, I would be able to find a shuttle from somewhere in Lauderdale to and from the game.

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami vs Ft. Lauderdale

What you can try & do is get a ticket/transport package from one of the travel agencies or other ticket packagers. $75 seems way too high for a cab but the stadium is about equidistant from Miami Beach & Ft. Lauderdale Beach. You can try Sunny Isles as a compromise, which is much closer to the stadium & also on the beach.

4. Re: Miami vs Ft. Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 19:16