We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port of Miami to Alamo

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Port of Miami to Alamo

Need to rent a car after cruise in Miami, can someone tell me the approximate cab fare from Carnival port to the south beach Alamo at 2401 Collins Ave?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
772 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port of Miami to Alamo

Why not try to pick up your car closer to the port.

Hertz is nearby and will probably pick you up or ask Alamo if there is a location closer to the port.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port of Miami to Alamo

fun>

If you take a taxi to Collins Avenue as you mentioned it is $40.

Print this guide to the Port area and - YES there are car hire agents near to the Port who pick you up for free!

Port Area> http://tinyurl.com/2wavz8

I have posted tons of info to help you plan here:

http://tinyurl.com/26axpc

AG

arizona
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port of Miami to Alamo

I have done a bunch of research on this since I have a cruise out of Miami next month.

Here is what I have:

Picking up NATIONAL rental car at FLL on Sat - returning to NATIONAL Miami SB location (MIAS01) which has an hourly shuttle to the Port - total with tax is $60 (no drop fee)

After we arrive back a week later NATIONAL shuttle will pick us up from the port and bring us back to their location MIAS01 and I will have a car which I will return to the FLL airport at 5pm that night - Total is $44 - no drop fee

These rates were 'specials' that I recieved when using the Costco website - Costco has a special rate code.

This seems to be the best deal, no drop fee, with a shuttle to the port...most other had either carzy drop fee (thrifty), crazy rates (hertz), or no shuttle (avis)....

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port of Miami to Alamo

Alamo offers free shuttle service to and from the Port of Miami. I've used it twice and will again in March (2009.) I will drop my car off at Alamo 2-3 hours before the cruise so that me and the other three in my party can catch the next shuttle to the Port. They run about every 30 minutes. It's about a 15-20 minute ride to the Port. After the cruise, I will catch the Alamo shuttle at the cruise ship dock area for the return ride to get a car for my 4 days in Miami after the cruise.

Hertz in downtown Miami also provides service to the Port of Miami. It seems that we had to take a shuttle to MIA airport to get a Hertz vehice though.

5. Re: Port of Miami to Alamo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:19