We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Turtle Nesting

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montana
Level Contributor
200 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Turtle Nesting

Anyone go to any of the sea turtle nestingn program they offer in the evenings? I can't find anything about it.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Turtle Nesting

Most of the evening "turtle watch" programs do not start until late April or May. The turtles are now just starting to come on shore. Google MacArthur Park (Singer Island) and also Loggerhead Marine Life Center (Juno Beach) - they both have evening walks and fill quickly. Loggerhead also has a turtle rehab program where you can visit and see live sea turtles.

Remember to blacken your windows if visiting and staying at a beach front lodging. Although this is more for hatchlings (which won't be around for a bit) it is also good for the mom turtles! Turtles dig the dark!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Turtle Nesting

big>

In South Florida, I visit this one:

Crandon Park Nature Center

6767 Crandon Blvd

Key Biscayne, FL 33149

(305) 361-6767

AG

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Turtle Nesting

I would be surprised to find programs where you watch a turtle nest. There are at least 2 programs where they release hatchlings - the Crandon one and one at Haulover Beach. You just see the release and watch them scramble to water. No touching of little turtles.

4. Re: Sea Turtle Nesting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:19