We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Zoo, Parrot Jungle, or Seaquarium? Naples Zoo?

montana
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Metro Zoo, Parrot Jungle, or Seaquarium? Naples Zoo?

Which one is is a must if you only have one day in Miamipre-cruise with kids ages 6-11? (Of course we are going to the beach too) We also have a day in Naples and I know there is a zoo there too. Out of those, which one is the best? (we don't live near a zoo at all. We live in the boondocks of Montana)

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
70 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Little Havana Food and Walking Tour...
252 Reviews
from US$58.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
394 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
massachusetts
Level Contributor
155 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro Zoo, Parrot Jungle, or Seaquarium? Naples Zoo?

OK, full disclosure I've only been to Parrot Jungle but we had a great day out with kids of a similar age. There are shows to watch and parrots everywhere.

Babylon, New York
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro Zoo, Parrot Jungle, or Seaquarium? Naples Zoo?

Metro-Zoo is pretty far south, and though it's a wonderful zoo, you can see zoos elsewhere. Sequarium is uniquely Florida and Key Biscayne (where it's located) is wonderful. If you drive to the end of Key Biscayne you are at a state park, that has bicycles for rent, a light house to climb to the top of (and what a view), ocean bicycles and kayaks for rent and a great snack bar.

Parrot Jungle is great, but it's also very expensive and much more expensive and touristy now that it's on Watson iskland - but it is closest to the port, if you're worried about time.

If you have plenty of time, do the Seaquarium and Key Biscayne!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro Zoo, Parrot Jungle, or Seaquarium? Naples Zoo?

I haven't been to the new Parrot Jungle, but I went to other location before they moved. And I haven't been to the zoo in Naples. With that said, I would recommend either Metro Zoo or Parrot Jungle. Metro Zoo was one of the zoos that Animal Kingdom in Orlando used to build their park. The only down side is its location from downtown Miami, but if you have a car its not a problem. Next to Metro Zoo is a Train Museum, if someone is into trains. Parrot Jungle is in a great location, and I have heard good things about it.

The Aquarium, is nice, but old and small.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
4. Re: Metro Zoo, Parrot Jungle, or Seaquarium? Naples Zoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 01:20