We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is the UM Holiday Inn?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
How bad is the UM Holiday Inn?

I booked a room at this Holiday Inn to be close to the UM campus. The reviews of this hotel on TA have been varied, but the most recent review really has me worried about the place. We'll have a car, so we could drive rather than walk to campus every day if this hotel is really awful.

I'd appreciate feedback, and suggestions for nicer but convenient alternatives. I am not familiar with the area so please be specific.

Thanks.

(I posted this on the Coral Gables forum but got no response, so I thought I'd try here.)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
168 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is the UM Holiday Inn?

Here's my take on the reviews(I wanted to see what they said so I read them). I think the last two posted are extreme cases. However, considering the last time I stayed there was in 1997 on my freshman orientation trip to the University of Miami, I may not be the best person to ask. I think you'd get a solid 3 star stay out of the experience.

Much nicer, and more pricey hotel options in the Gables include the famous Biltmore hotel and the beautiful Hyatt in downtown Coral Gables. Coconut Grove is also near the University and has spectular hotels including, but not limited to, the Mayfair House and the Sonesta. Staying in Coconut grove would also give you more dining and entertainment option for evenings. For cheaper options such as Hampton inn, Residence inn, do a search on kayak.com using Coral Gables as the city, not Miami.

Hope this helps.

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is the UM Holiday Inn?

Thank you, I probably will change hotels. I've never used Priceline or Hotwire because on vacation I'm very particular about location but for this college orientation trip it is not as important so I think I'll bid on some rooms and see what I get.

3. Re: How bad is the UM Holiday Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 05:34