We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA.
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

I am a shopaholic, but I am looking for some offers, can someone please provide me with some recommendations about the best Outlet shopping near or in Miami area.

I will have a car so, I don´t mind to drive...

Thank You all.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

joseph>

Welcome to my world! Discount shopping offers the thrill of the hunt and with the economy in a shake, it's open season on bargains. I have made you an online guide here:

www.tinyurl.com/SHOP-AG

and can point you to Dolphin Mall in Miami, a smaller and grungier Mall of the Americas nearby that also gets good stuff and the top of the line Sawgrass Mills in Broward which features a "Collonade" area that has designer outlet boutiques like Burberry, Coach, Barneys COOP etc. if you like big names at small prices.

Both Dolphin and Sawgrass have Neimans and Saks. Mall of the Americas has Marshalls and ROSS.

Have a great shopping adventure!

AG

CA.
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

Thanks AG, Shop until you drop :),

I will be in several places that you mention, also my girlfriend will be glad of this list...

Thank you very much for the Map I truly appreciate it.

:):):)

Bath, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

IMHO, Sawgrass Mills is the best. It's a little far out, but definately worth the drive.

You could always stop at Aventura on the way back. Not an outlet mall, but a good mall

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

Just a money saving tip>

If you are visiting from outside the US (or even from another city) check at Guest Services kiosks at ALL malls because there are often guest discount passes available that give you an additional % off in all stores.

I know Dolphin Mall and Aventura Mall have these and Simon Malls also have coupons.

If you feel like researching on your own before the trip (or checking in your own city) go to the mall website and click to the VISITOR area to see what's on offer.

shopdolphinmall.com/infodesk/…10508.html

http://www.simon.com/mall/aym.aspx?ID=1262

www.aventuramall.com/travel/09English.pdf

http://www.simon.com/mall/aym.aspx?ID=138

There are maps to the malls so you do not waste shopping time parking far away from the stores you like and obviously GUEST SERVICES appears on the maps too. I hate leaving a big mall only to discover a store I like was just around a corner I missed!

Stores like Macy's offer an international passport with 11% off all purchases for visitors w/ ID (pick it up at gift wrap).

At big department stores ALWAYS ask if there is a special sale or a coupon for the day before you pay. Most big department stores have additional discounts taken at the register.

AG

CA.
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

Thank you very much AG, that's what I call serious shopping... :o)

I truly appreciate it, very very useful information.

I am taking notes from a pro :)))

Thanks again.

6. Re: The best Outlet shopping in or Near Miami...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 05:18