We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help: First Timers Must do?

Dallas
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Help: First Timers Must do?

Hello,

Am going this weekend for the first time to Miami and am so excited!!! Am traveling with my best friend (and the gayest) and we are in our mids 20s. We are staying in South Beach where I know there is fun everywhere. However, I would like to know what are the things that we must do/visit/eat/party at during this weekend without breaking the bank. I love to eat at local places though...

Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!!

Miami
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

bar hop from 5th street to 13 street on ocean drive. one drink in every bar. then go club hoping on washington ave. one drink in every club. lol. next morning just hit the spa and youll be ready to do it again!

CHEERS!

Dallas
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

LOL Thanks. Good plan tho ;)

We'll definitely have some drinks but what about the amazing taste of local food places and the fabulous activities!?

share your secrets! ;)

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

Wow... thats a tall order. Here are some suggestions on clubs/lounges/hotels in no particular order: Fountaine Bleu (also see Liv nightclub), Mansion nightclub, Mynt nightclub, Pawn Shop nightclub, Tobacco Road live music and Wet Willies bar.

Food-wise in no particular order: Taverna Opa (Greek), Montys Bar, Meat Market, Azul

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

my favorite local place is monty's on alton road. it is on the bay, you can go for happy hour in your bathingsuit and sit on the water and watch the boats at sunset eating shrimp from the raw bar. very low key and casual .not expensive. i don't live there,so i am unaware of what else is considered a local favorite beside monty;s.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,734 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

long>

Gay event guide http://www.sobesocialclub.com/

My quick list of fun places to eat/drink

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

weekend guide - www.southbeach-usa.com/news

Enjoy!

AG

Miami
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

when u get out the clubs hit up big pink. its a really good restaurant on collins and 2nd. they serve practically everything and i mean everything.

7. Re: Help: First Timers Must do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 13:16