We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

Level Contributor
180 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

can anyone recommend a restaurant within walking distance of the courtyard marriott downtown at 200 se 2nd avenue. we are a group of 5 (including my mother who has limited mobility) are staying one night pre-cruise and will not have a car.

Are there any restaurants within a 5 min walk from the courtyard marriott downtown?

I know we could probably get a cab from our hotel, but my concern would be finding one to get back to the hotel.

Are there any restaurants that offer hotel pickup?

thanks for any assistance!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

sr>

I created a guide to the area for you to print out here:

www.tinyurl.com/PORT-AG

Lots of places to dine, shop and get ready for the cruise are nearby. There is a FREE monorail around the city too...

I posted a guide for Downtown here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34438-c11219/Miami:F…

AG

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

I cannot add to AG's impressive catalogue of nearby eateries, except to say that you will be a very short walk to the nearest Metro-Mover station all of which have either escalator or elevator access. The free Metro-Mover can get you to within two blocks of Bayside Marketplace or Brickell Village, both of which have a number of restaurants of various kinds. To get to Bayside take the "Omni Loop;" to Brickell Village, the Brickell Loop. If you decide you need a cab to return you'll have no trouble finding them in either location -- even late at night.

Level Contributor
180 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

wow- thanks so much for the terrific information! I think we will definitely take advantage of the free metro while we are there- is there a website for the different stops of the metro?

thanks!

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

Go to:

www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp

click on maps.

5. Re: restaurant walking distance to courtyard marriott downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 06:16