We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

miami cruise tips help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
miami cruise tips help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

i'm not sure if this is the right forum so i apologize if it isn't !!!

i want to take a cruise with my 6 year old son ( pre post mum plus 1 big trip) for easter abandoned aug plans as will be way too hot.

i want to know as an avid bargain hunter is it better to book now or can you just walk up when i get to miami and take whats left. as am not really bother as to what cabin i get as long as it has a window ?

have looked at carnival cruises has anyone got any recommondations needs to have a kids programme as i want to have some peace !!!

Also any tips for what to do with a 6 year old in miami as plan on spending 3/4 days eitheir side of the cruise in miami ( no disney please saving that trauma until at least my son is 10 lol)

Thanks

LB73

Miami Little Havana Food and 2-Hour...
231 Reviews
from US$58.99*
Miami Speedboat Tour with Star...
60 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Special Offer
Miami to Key West Day Trip Tour With...
394 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Special Offer
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
343 Reviews
from US$51.00*
US$58.00
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: miami cruise tips help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

londonbabe>

Wait until you find an offer online but DO NOT show up with no booked reservation...

Join a few travel websites to get cruise discount info e-mailed to you (google "discount cruises Miami" )

I receive e-mails regularly from travelzoo.com that offer GREAT discount prices. Also cruise411.com

There is a site called cruisecritic.com that has reviews from recent travelers too. You can chat online about your particular needs on that site.

In my opinion, the Carnival Cruises are often really cheap on discount sites but the Royal Caribbean ships are nicer (especially when you score a deal). I would book a more upscale cruise at a discount so you can get the luxury you deserve and your son will enjoy himself too. Invest your savings by booking yourself a spa day on the ship (in ADVANCE) and trust that your son will be looked after by the staff while you get pampered.

Read on Cruise Critic about the people on the cruises - newlyweds, seniors, drinkers etc. I have a friend who is a young mom and she enjoyed her family cruise on Royal Caribbean more than Carnival and found the quality of the ship on Carnival a bit tatty and the crowd a little younger (and drunker) and rowdier.

>>Read recent reviews. <<

AG

Mentioned in this post
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: miami cruise tips help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with AG, look for discounts online and contact a crusie only agency and have them shop for you.

YHou may find some late availability cruises with good prices, but not if you are looking for easter week.

Ilike RCI best with kids, they just love those megaships and the kids programme is great! My 3 boys still talk about the cruises I took them on.

As for Miami, Bayside, other shopping, the Beach, there is the Zoo. TBO, if you get a hotel with a good pool, they love to spend most of the day in that and then out to eat someplace fun.

Mentioned in this post
Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
399 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: miami cruise tips help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend that you research on-line in advance of your travel dates. Check out one of my favorite cruise websites - crucon dot com.

We booked a suite for a family cruise this past October to celebrate our mom's 70th birthday. We booked our cabin over a year in advance for a hefty price tag since we wanted a particular room and particular travel date.

If you are more flexible with the room and travel dates you can get a much better rate. For example Mom and I booked a last minute cruise that departs in two weeks and we got a phenomenal price on the cruise.

Good luck with your travel plannins.

4. Re: miami cruise tips help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2010, 05:16