We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more commute question

Michigan
5 posts
Save Topic
One more commute question

I just posted about the commute on Friday night from MIA to South Beach. I also wonder whether we'll face a lot of traffic on Tuesday morning heading back to the airport from the Keys (need to be at the airport by 8:30 a.m.). Mapquest gives the drive time as 1.5 hours. Should we add time for commuter traffic once hit the mainland?

Thanks again.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more commute question

I would add 45 min...you may hit traffic once you get to the mainland. Plus the roads around the airport for rental car return are confusing.

Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One more commute question

Thanks, I figured as much!

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One more commute question

Tuesday is usually not a problem, but anything can change it. I cross the Turnpike a few miles south of Miami on my way to work most days. Tuesday it was gridlocked as far as the eye could see in both directions -- probably a crash. Wednesday it was wide open & flowing.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more commute question

I would def add 45 minutes to that drive time. Youre driving during the heart of early rush hour traffic and the airport area is always chaotic.

Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One more commute question

Thanks to all who replied. We appreciate your help.

6. Re: One more commute question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 06:17