We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ultra Fest 2010 hotels help

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ultra Fest 2010 hotels help

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help enlighten me about the most convenient hotels near Bicentennial Park. I originally heard the Doubletree was six blocks north of the park, but now I understand that you can not walk under the highway. I am also having trouble on a map deciding if the Intercontinental (south of the park) is the better, walkable hotel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ultra Fest 2010 hotels help

Rome>

There are a bunch of hotels near the park with the Intercontinental being a very luxe spot and the Holiday Inn Port of Miami being the least expensive. There is a monorail circling the city for FREE so you do not have to worry AT ALL about getting to the show.

Hotel info is here:

port-of-miami-hotels.com/category/…

My guide to the dining, playing and parking is here:

www.tinyurl.com/PORT-AG

AG

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ultra Fest 2010 hotels help

Thank you so much for the speedy response. I am chaperoning a bunch of 18 year olds, so I'm a little out of my element -- with them and Miami!

On the Miamidade Web site, it says the moverstation for Bicentennial Park is closed:

www.miamidade.gov/transit/moverstations.asp

Is that correct, do you know? Finally, can you tell me which seems safer for kids at likely 2am after the concerts: walking north to the Hilton or south to the Intercontinental?

I really appreciate your help, so thanks in advance. JM

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ultra Fest 2010 hotels help

One more question: does the metromover traditionally extend the hours past midnight during the Ultra event?

4. Re: Ultra Fest 2010 hotels help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2010, 05:18