We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

Hi,

We will be flying out of Miami Aug 14th and was wondering if someone could advise of how long it should take to drive from Bayside to MIA (dropping car at Hertz).

Not sure if there are any sporting or other events planned for this day that may impact on the journey time - any advice welcomed.

Many thanks.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

Pending on traffic, what time you leave and if there is any sporting/theater event-- I would say travel time could be at best 20-30 minutes.. at worst, who knows.

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

Many thanks. It is a Saturday and we are planning to arrive at MIA for around 4:00pm, so I guess leaving at 3:30pm should give us sufficient time.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

I would recommend giving yourself a little more time than that. MIA is not only busy, but can be a little confusing to navigate to/through if you have never done so before.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

Hi Tony!

Dropping off the rental car will add around 20 minutes to your journey. If you want to arrive at MIA at 4pm, I'd leave Bayside at 3:15 to be on the safe side. MIA is not far but the rental car offices are a mile or so away and then you have to get the transfer bus back in.

Jess@MTC

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
248 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

Thanks to you both for your advice - will definitely make sure any shopping is completed by 3pm!!!

6. Re: Travel Time Bayside Marketplace to MIA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 06:16