We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which district to stay

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
which district to stay

we are going to miami for 2 nights from orlando we are going to everglades and doinf sightseeing trip but not sure we best to stay holiday inn downtown or holiday inn south beach any addvice

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: which district to stay

Downtown Miami is not one of the places geared for tourists - it is more for the business person. So my choice would be South Beach.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which district to stay

thanks never been before so any advice is gratfull 2 nights are to break up 2 weeks in orlando and all the parks

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which district to stay

Chuts is correct. While there are things to do in downtown Miami, the experience would be more worthwhile if you stayed on South Beach.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which district to stay

thanx think we r going to book beach hotel

Buenos Aires...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which district to stay

Downtown Miami has nice hotels but as previously said, mainly for business trips. South Beach is good, but you said you want to go to the Everglades, and South Beach is on the opposite side. You would stay in SoBe mainly if you are going to the beach and do some shopping but if your trip is not about that, then choose a hotel in the Miami SW area, closer to the Everglades and a lot cheaper than SoBe hotels. There you can find sightseeing tours of Miami and the Everglades also cheaper than in SoBe.

Again, if you want to spend your time in Miami on the beach, and have a lot of places to go for dancing and drinking, then South Beach is your place =)

If you're not sure what areas of SW Miami are cool or safe, let me know and I can help you decide, I lived in Miami for over 15 years and know the place like the palm of my hand.

6. Re: which district to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 07:10