We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami Heat tickets

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
Miami Heat tickets

I would like to get tickets for a Heats game when we are visiting in December. Since the addition of James and Bosch, prices seem to have gone way up! The Miami Heat official website hardly has any tickets for sale and on Ebay, seats up in the nosebleed section are going for more than $100.

What are my chances of finding tickets at the arena on the day of the game? Has anyone been to this season's games?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Gigi>

Be wary of tix on craigslist and eBay - try stubhub.com

AG

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Thanks AG. I'll check out stubhub.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Hi!

As AG mentioned, stubhub is very reputable. Please be wary of ebay and craigslist scammers. You can try the official ticket exchange site: https:/…

Traditionally, you can get tickets from the many people selling outside the arena. If you are risk taker and don't mind missing the opening of the game, wait until tipoff time, the remaining tickets will sell for MUCH less. However you do run the risk of not getting in at all.

A word of caution: Avoid the "ticket fast" paper printed at home tickets, these are often duplicates and it won't scan when you get to the gate. I've been duped into that scam before and its amazing how quickly the seller disappears.

My first game is tomorrow (yaaay me!) I'll feel out the scalpers and report back

-Yogi

Edited: 05 November 2010, 19:23
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Hi Yogi, thanks for the tips! I already took AG's advice and got our tix from Stubhub. I've used them before and now I realize that they are not only more secure but also better priced than the vendors on Ebay.

Enjoy the game! You guys are going to have a great season! I can fully understand why Chris Bosch would choose Miami over Toronto. ;-)

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Stubhub if a great, legit way to get tickets. You can always try buying the day of the game. Plenty of people are selling tickets. As you mentioned with the recent additions of Bosh and James, a lot of people purchased season tickets with no intention of going to the games, but instead just selling off individual game tickets. Youll find ticket sellers at the game. However, be prepared that if its a "hot" game (Lakers, Magic, Boston, etc.), prices wont be cheap and lots of people will be trying to buy.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Thanks very much. I used to be a season ticket holder for the Toronto Raptors so I've seen my share of last-minute sellers vs. buyers. We'll only be in Miami for 2 days so I didn't want to take chances with this one.

I'm so excited! Pre-game dinner at Cvi.che105, Nathan's hotdogs at the game, a chance to see some of the NBA's best players and in your beautiful city.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami Heat tickets

I used to use the guys outside, buying tickets for $20... I wonder what the prices are now that James is playing. If anyone knows, please report back as I'd be interested to see how much they have changed. I heard court side seats are now 26k!!!

Jess

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami Heat tickets

Ok here is the latest scoop on tickets for the Heat. Last night I arrived early for the game and wandered around pretending to need tickets (which drove Mrs. Yogi nuts). I found tickets to be very scarce. There were easily 10 people looking to buy tickets, I only found one guy selling two seats, and he had about five people around him bidding for them.

I also found out that not ALL games are sold out, however these are for 'less popular' teams and seats are usually not together.

My new advice for visitors based on this one experience (remember your mileage may vary) is to definitely get seats ahead of time as op has done.

The arena is excellent and the crowd electric. If you can hold your breath get out on the smoking deck for a scenic view of the downtown skyline.

Cheers

Yogi

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miami Heat tickets

I am SO-O-O glad that I took the advice of AG and Yogi and bought my tickets! You guys are going to have a fantastic season! If everyone stays healthy, you'll be watching playoff games!

I think I'm more excited at the thought of going to the Heat's game than my original purpose of taking my son to Orlando!

10. Re: Miami Heat tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2011, 05:17