We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami Area Hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Miami Area Hotels

We are going to be staying in Miami Feb 10 & Feb 11, flying out of Miami Int early on the morning of the 12th. Can anyone suggest a decent hotel with airport shuttle, waterfront if possible and with a few interesting things to see within walking distance? Thanks for your help......I know I'm asking alot!!

Mentioned in this post
Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami Area Hotels

Hi!

Well you are not going to get waterfront/walking distance sightseeing at an airport hotel. Most of the hotels with shuttles are in the airport area or west of the city. This area is largely industrial/commercial.

I recommend staying on South Beach, hotels are within walking distance of the beach/shops/restaurants/clubs. You can get there from the airport on a limited stop bus "Airport Flyer" for $2.35.

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,242 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami Area Hotels

SF>

The South Beach Hotel Group has fun locations on South Beach with a free shuttle service -

http://www.southbeachgroup.com/free.html

AG

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,242 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
215 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami Area Hotels

I noticed you are a destination expert for Miami/Miami Beach. We are spending 3 nights in Miami before heading down to Key West. I think I've determined we would like Miami Beach better than Miami, but am uncertain If we want South Beach or North Miami Beach. We like to walk the beach in the daytime and be close to restaurants and live music at night. How much of a party scene is South Beach. I've checked out several hotels on Ocean Drive and they all appear to be across the street from the ocean. Also, I've read that hotels in North Miami Beach are cheaper than South Beach hotels. Are there any reasonable (less than $300) South Beach hotels right on the beach? Is it possible to get from North Miami Beach to South Beach without a car? Would you personally recommend North Miami Beach or South Beach for a hotel stay?

Mentioned in this post
Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Miami Beach Resort and...
3,966 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
South Beach
South Beach
17,242 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Ocean Drive
Ocean Drive
10,327 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami Area Hotels

We are coming through Miami Airport in July arriving around 10 PM doing an overnighter on the way to Jamaica. We are looking for hotel with a reliable shuttle service near the airport that is reasonably priced. Does not have to be near the water just near the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami Area Hotels

BigWillie, check out the Homewood Suites, Blue Lagoon, Miami - it is about two miles from the airport. They have a free hot breakfast included.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Lagoon
Blue Lagoon
33 Reviews
Miami, FL
Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami Area Hotels

It is possible to get from North Beach to South Beach via public bus or taxi. North Beach is a quieter and older crowd. Walking to things to do is limited, but its a much quieter experience than South Beach. If nightlife is what you crave then I urge you to go to SOBE. I will refrain from making exact suggestions, as there are others on the forum with much timelier hotel advice.

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,242 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
SoBe Hostel
SoBe Hostel
1,413 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami Area Hotels

Thanks very much for your suggestions!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami Area Hotels

Thanks very much for the suggestion and link!! Really appreciate it!!

9. Re: Miami Area Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 17:18