We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

I've heard lots of horror stories about parking nightmares and traffic jams while attending performances at the Arsht Center.

I've never been there and am not familiar with the neighborhood or parking facilities there.

I have tickets for a show and I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a parking strategy that would help me avoid a tremendous traffic tie-up getting in and out of the parking lots/garages there.

I don't mind a long walk from a parking area as long as it would help me avoid being stuck for an hour in a traffic jam.

Any parking secrets you would care to reveal will be greatly appreciated....and kept completely confidential.

Thanks.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Which concert hall are you going to?

I attend shows regularly at Arsht and although parking is tricky it really is not that bad. Police direct traffic efficiently after the shows and the only jams are at the valet!

I usually valet with friends, or use the lot past both halls that charges a little less. If it is a matinee you can sometimes even find street parking.

What is the show out of interest? If it is Romeo and Juliet at the end of March, all I said goes out the window as that is anevent weekend in Miami, and traffic will be bad in general due to the Ultra Music Festival.

Jess

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Hi, Jess....thanks for your reply. The show is at the Ziff Hall.

One the Arsht website, it says that there is a lot of construction on Biscayne Blvd, just north of the theater ....so I was wondering if that will add to the problems.

Thanks again.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Jess:....which lot do you mean that charges "a bit less just past both halls".

Is it the lot that is NORTH of the Arsht center?

Thanks again.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

The Ziff Hall is the Ballet Opera House, the one further West of the bay.

The Lot I am referring to is the one that is again further West of the building, if you were looking at the front doors it is to the left.

I haven't noticed construction...? The last show I saw was a Sunday matinee though so things may have changed. Leaving from Arsht is pretty painless due to the police directing traffic but if you are worried about parking and being on time, go early and have a drink at one of the bars.

Jess

Edited: 01 March 2011, 16:15
Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Hi, Jess....

Thanks for explaining those details to me. It will be very helpful.

I've been through nightmarish experiences trying to exit the parking garage at the Broward Center....which is why I try to avoid that place. It can take an hour after the performance is over to drive just one block.

Thanks again.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Hello,

The construction immediately around the center has wrapped up and is now a bit to the north.

I have found the valet to be very efficient at getting cars out in a somewhat timely fashion, its leaps and bounds over the Broward center. The Broward center is also several miles off the interstate with one main drag leading to it. The Arscht center on the other hand is just two blocks from the on-ramp to I95 South and Northbound.

But then again, my view may be a bit slanted, as I am never in a hurry to leave and like to meander while the crowds thin out. I always look forward to a post show cocktail either within the center or at the Bombay Saphire Lounge if it isn't too crowded.

I hope you enjoy the show, I love just going to the concert hall, regardless of what is playing.

Yogi

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Hi, Yogi.....thanks for your nice note. We are looking forward to our first time at the Arsht Center.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Parking at Arsht compared to Broward is painless.

Jess

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

Hi, Jess....happy to get that message. The parking situation at Broward makes one dread going to the theater.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Parking Advice at Arsht Center

I know! The last time I went to Broward I parked in the multi story lot to the right. I was a dollar short in cash and they don't take credit cards, and she would not even let me park and walk to 7-11, she made me reverse out, causing a huge jam, and drive across the street to the ATM. Painful indeed!

Jess