We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami Heat Tickets

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Miami Heat Tickets

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are coming to Miami from the UK for New Year would really like to go to a Miami Heat game - of the two games we could go to, New Orleans or Detroit, which would be best? Am I likely to be able to get tickets (being in the UK) and when are tickets likely to go on sale?

CJ

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

That is a tough question. Without getting too technical, the league/players do not have a collective bargaining agreement in place which means there can not be a season until one is agreed upon. Therefore, though there might be a schedule out, there will be no season until this agreement gets approved. (There are mixed opinions as to whether one will even be done this season.) :( Unfortunately, its just wait and see what happens.

Hopefully an agreement is made, in which case either one of those two teams are about the same caliber with All-Stars on each.

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

Ok i'll just have to keep checking!!

Thanks,

CJ

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

cj>

Check www.ticketmaster.com to book tickets to any event you like during your trip...You can also register on that site for an e-mail alert when tickets go on sale for any team or band.

It is a simple thing to set up. Enter your contact info and then check the kind of information you seek (HEAT tickets) and you'll get a notice prior to the on sale dates.

Note that because the HEAT are WILDLY popular, you need to log on and buy those tickets as soon as they are announced.

There are resale sites and ticket brokers who offer tickets to all kinds of events at a premium cost. It is cheapest to try to buy them on your own.

Good Luck-

AG

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone could give me an update on whether or not agreement has been reached about the Heat schedule (see Venis3's message above)? I have continued to look on ticketmaster and have now come across tickets here http://www.toptickets.us/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1688108&event=Miami+Heat+vs.+New+Orleans+Hornets but see little point in booking if the game will not take place...

Any help/guidance would be hugely appreciated!!

Clara

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

As of now the only thing we know is that the preseason is cancelled. To date, the season is still on, but negotiations continue. There still is a possibility the season could be cancelled.

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

Ok, so probably better to continue to wait then.

Thanks again, i'll probably ask the same question again in November!!

C

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

No prob. Unfortunately, we are all in a waiting game. You might want to see the return policy on the tickets. If the season is cancelled and you can return the tickets it might be worth buying them so at least you locked in some seats. However, if the return policy is bad, dont do it. Many reports say the season is in jeopardy of being cancelled, but really no one knows for sure yet.

Salvador, Bahia...
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

I'm heading to Miami next february and planned to go to at least to one of the Heat's matches. Any news about the negotiations toward the season?

Thanks in advance!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

Still nothing, unfortunately. The start of the season was supposed to be the other night so hopefully the lack of paychecks will get the agreement done sooner than later. Right now games are cancelled unitl December 1, 2011.

Salvador, Bahia...
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Miami Heat Tickets

Thank you, Venis3! Appreciate that!