We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

Driving from Punta Gorda airport to Miami car rental on SE 1st, Miami, but do not want to take the tolls.....we did it last year going back to Punta Gorda via I 95 and 595 I 75 but it escapes me. Anyone can help. Hate to get lost as we have to catch a cruise ship.... thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

From Punta Gorda it will be I-75 all the way to the Miami area. There is one toll on the East West portion of i-75 which, I think, is $2.50. If you want to avoid it you'll have to take hwy 41 but it will be somewhat slower.

Use one of the online map services to plot a detail of SE 1st street in Miami and the approach roads to it so you can get from I-75 to there. It is too much typing for someone to explain in enough detail how to get to it. It would also help to get a map of Florida which has a detail of the entire Miami area.

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

Presumably you have a lot of time & want to do some sightseeing thru the center of the state because it will certainly cost you more in fuel than you'll save on the Alligator Alley toll.

You can take State Rd 70 out of P.G. to US 27 & 27 south to I-575 E. to Sawgrass X-way So to St. Rd 836 (aka Palmetto X-way) & that South to Flagler St. exit & then East on Flagler St thru downtown Miami. Flagler will kick you over to SW 1st just west of the Miami River.

Or take State Rd 8ooeast out of Ft Myers to US 27 & then as above.

Or as AhHah says take US -41 south & across the Everglades straight into Miami where it becomes the main drag of Little Havana. Take it all the way to US-1. At US-1 turn left (North) & go over the bridge where US-1 will cross SE 1st st. -- which alas is one way eastbound, so you'lll have to turn left on Flagler & loop around.

3. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2012, 14:05
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

The original post is almost a year old ... the poster has come and gone on the cruise long long ago.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,971 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

Don seems to be posting "ads" for Red Bus on several forums in violation of TA rules and I have reported them.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,267 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

I agree. And while I rec the service to those who don't drive on occasion, I think it was inappropriate here.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

A shame, I like the Red Bus people, but if they spam the forums, I'll have to drop them off the list.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,971 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

More planted ad posts from the Red Bus Shill- you can click here to see them all

www.tripadvisor.com/members-forums/DonP518

Like the others I am giving second thought to recommending them- very unethical behavior.IMO.

9. Re: Directions Punta Gorda to Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:16