We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit South Beach

San Diego...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit South Beach

Can someone recommend the best time to visit South Beach. I tried a search on here, but no past topics came up.

We're making plans for our next trip and were considering South Beach. Tentative dates are the first week of August, but a friend is leary of hurricanes during that time.

Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
169 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
398 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
32 Reviews
from US$39.00*
Miami Beach, FL
Level Contributor
437 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

August in SoBe is HOT, humid, HOT, rainy, HOT, plus there are always some hurricanes and storms lurking about. Oh and did I mention it's HOT? The summer is considered the off-season down here mainly because of the tempermental weather and most visitors are shocked to find out just how humid it can get. The best months to visit are January through April; December isn't too bad either.

Having said all that, you can still have a wonderful time here in August -- it's hard not to. It might not be the ideal time to visit, but if you know what to expect you'll be fine. Plus you can take advantage of cheaper hotel rates and we do have that big, old Atlantic Ocean to cool off in ; )

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

Is South Beach any good in November to escape the painful English winter! ie for sites, parites, weather?

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

I agree with the first response, I wouldn't suggest coming in August. August is part of our low season for a few reasons. One August in South Florida is really hot and humid, usually mid 90's F and 70% plus humidity, which puts the heat index (the feals like temp) at above 105F. Two August is our second rainest month behind June. And third it one of the more active months of hurricane season (August, September, and October being the more active months traditionally)

If you want to save money than this is the time of year to come.

November is nice. We don't get too much rain this month, but it can rain, but usually its just a stray shower that is done in 5 minutes. November is still warm in the mid 80's F and still humid, but not like in May-Oct. But if a cold front makes it down we can cool off for a few days, but it usually warms up with in a few days.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

Normal high is 80F and low is 69F in November, but who is quibbling? You should get some low hotel rates, especially mid-weeks, except for Thanksgiving. Just say "holiday" and New Yorkers commute down here, filling hotels.

canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

is it a bad idea to visit miami in june, i heard it gets alot of rain!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

when we're not having water rationing because some moron lowered the levels on Lake Okeechobee, June is usually rainy.

But if they've been morons and lowered it before the rainy season, then we don't get the amount of rain we should.

We'll see how long it takes them to figure it out.

Meanwhile, July and August are months best spent elsewhere.. it's hot, humid, and prone to hurricanes here.

I think: anytime from October to March is great for Miami. April is decidedly okay. May is mediocre as is September.

7. Re: Best time of year to visit South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 13:18