We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ACO Car Rental

Mexico City
Level Contributor
78 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
ACO Car Rental

Hi all,

Does anyone have any expericnce with this company in Miami? We are arriving in July, and driving to Orlando for a week, and then back to Miami for a couple of days.

Thanks,

bill

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
70 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Little Havana Food and Walking Tour...
252 Reviews
from US$58.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
394 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ACO Car Rental

I rented a car from ACO rent a car on March 4, 2012 using my credit card. I settled all the payment using my credit card on March 12, 2012. This was the first transaction using this credit card since December 2011. I did not use this credit card until now except this transaction for this year. On April 27 I got a fraudulent activity alert from my credit card company for the amount of 2713.93. Immediately my credit card was closed to avoid further misuse. This fraudulent charge was made by Air France, Venezuela. Surprisingly, ACO’s head office is in Venezuela. I believe this rent a car company sells the credit card information for fraudulent activities. This should be investigated. I wonder is there any other customer is facing the same issue.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ACO Car Rental

ACO is a legitimate rental car company.

I'm sorry you had a problem with your credit card. You were probably skimmed at some point. This could have been an ACO employee, but sadly it happens at gas stations, restaurants, bars, retail outlets, anywhere a human being has access to your card.

I don't know what kind of service ACO provides, but they have been in business in this town for a while now. The company as a whole is not fraudulent, if that were the case they would have been shut down a long time ago.

Good thing the computer system with your company (Visa/Mastercard/AMEX) caught the charges instantly.

Atlanta, Georgia...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ACO Car Rental

I used ACO for a quick weekend trip in Miami. They were very well priced and the service was excellent. I have read some bad reviews, but I would give ACO five stars.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ACO Car Rental

I had a confirmed reservation and even called before arrival with ACO and upon my arrival, they had no cars available and did not accommodate. All they could say was, we are sorry! I would never rent or advise anyone to rent from them.

I ended paying premium for a rental.

conn
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ACO Car Rental

You get what you pay for.

Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ACO Car Rental

I can't vouch for the Miami location, but we have recently rented a car in Venezuela (Barcelona Airport) with ACO, and they have by far exceeded all our expectations. They are not really cheaper compared to other companies in Venezuela, but so far they have been the best.

We have rented with Avis, Thrifty, Budget, etc. and they have been the only company that has not charged us "extra fees" for X reason.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ACO Car Rental

three months ago i rented a car in Orlando ACO RENT A CAR and had to pay more insurance than the daily rate and then I pay, the car had many many dents and scratches was 2011 and with over 35,000 miles

check this, my brother rented from from ALAMO the same car the same period and pay $386,00, I pay $ 859.00 in ACO RENT A CAR

strongly recommend not rent in this company if you don’t want lose money and your time.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 00:49
Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: ACO Car Rental

mi nombre es efrain sotillo y hace uno mes aproximadamente hice una reservacion con ACO en la locacion de Orlando y cuando llegue a mi destino llame para que me indicaran donde estaba localizada la renta de vehiculo ACO y nadie atendio mi llamada, tuve que alquilar con otra compañia de emergencia por que irresponsablemente ellos no atendieron el telefono.

particularmente no reservo mas con ellos

My name is Efrain sotillo and about a month ago I made a reservation with ACO in Orlando sailing and when I get to my destination I call to indicate where was located the vehicle rental ACO and no one answered my call, I had to hire another emergency company that they did not respond irresponsibly the phone.

never in my life I'm gonna rent with them

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
9. Re: ACO Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:18