We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NBA Finals

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asbury Park, New...
Level Contributor
115 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
NBA Finals

I have two tickets to game three, Miami's first home game, on Sunday night. (...and no date yet, any takers?;-))

I'm flying into FLL on Saturday. Probably going to use spg points to stay at one of their properties for free. I might rent a car to get around.

Any suggestions as to which starwood properties would be most convenient to get to the game Sunday night? Is there public transportation to and from the game, or should I rent a car to drive myself? I'm open to staying in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale... any input/suggestions appreciated.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NBA Finals

To help you start hammering this down. Ft. Lauderdale is about a 40 minute drive to downtown Miami where the Heat play.

Starwood doesn't really have a property you would want to stay at in downtown Miami. So your choices are probably going to be in Miami Beach. You could take public transport from Miami Beach to the American Airlines Arena, but that leaves open your transfer from FLL to the Beach which is going to be about a $80 taxi each way.

So in your case, I would rent a budget car and be aware it may cost about $20-35 a day to park it at the hotel and $10-$30 to park it at the game.

From Miami Beach to the Arena is about a 15 minute drive.

Good Luck.

Yogi

Asbury Park, New...
Level Contributor
115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NBA Finals

Thanks for the info, Miamiyogi! ...I'll definitely rent a car.

3. Re: NBA Finals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:40