We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MIA arrival question

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
MIA arrival question

I have only traveled to MIA from an international destination once and was picked up by a friend that knew the airport well.

On my next trip I will be using a park and fly hotel and use their shuttle. The hotel says that I would be picked up on the “second floor”. I think I was down below the first time.

Is the second floor where international traveling arrivals would be? If not, is it easy to locate and get to while dragging our bags and things?

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MIA arrival question

I am assuming the "second floor" refers to where the departures are? It is usually easier/less crowded there. However, I would double check with the hotel in case.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MIA arrival question

Hotel shuttles pick up from the second floor (Departures)

If and when you pick up your bags, proceed to the second floor. Exit the airport terminal and cross the first four lanes of traffic (using the pedestrian cross walk) the center island has bus stalls, this is where hotel shuttles make their pickups. They are located about 50 yards apart.

Yogi

Edited: 27 June 2012, 16:35
Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MIA arrival question

Venis and Yogi, thanks for the info. Is it very far or a hassle from Customs to where the hotel shuttles are. If it is I may consider using a cab which shouldn't cost too much.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MIA arrival question

Its not a hassle, its not much further than where you would hail a cab.

The only hassle is how often your hotel shuttle runs, or if you are required to call for it when you arrive.

Saludos,

Yogi

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MIA arrival question

Thanks, you have eased my mind a ton. When I call the hotel and find out how long it will take, I will decide whether or not to take a cab.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MIA arrival question

To further ease your mind, most of the hotels that offer free shuttles are either in the Blue Lagoon area or Miami Springs, the taxi would be $12-15 each way to those areas. Downtown is about $30+/- South Beach is about $35. Up to five ride for that price.

If you don't want to wait around, just hail a cab, there are TONS of them at the airport, you can always take the shuttle back to the airport where you can wait for it in the hotel's air-conditioned lobby.

Edited: 29 June 2012, 16:15
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MIA arrival question

Also, may I add, it is super easy to get up to the second floor at MIA. There are escalators all over the place to get to the Departure level.

Jess

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MIA arrival question

Hi Tuly,

An update, I'll send you a PM as well. I noted today at the airport, the hotel shuttles are picking up from the curb closest to the terminal. Forget looking for those bus stalls, that is now for Employee Parking at Park 8.

Tully, New York
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MIA arrival question

Thanks Yogi,

Does the change make it easier or not? Of course I wouldn't know having only been to MIA a couple of times and only one international arrival.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MIA arrival question

Yep super easy. Grab your bags and head to the second level (departures). Walk to the curb and wait for your shuttle. Call ahead to find out how often it runs.