We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

Key Colony Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

I am flying into FLL and getting a car. My husband flies into MIAMI and arrives an hour before me. Is there's metrorail stop to get him from the airport close to the turnpike for me to pick him up, or should I just go to M IA?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

Google Miami Metrorail ... I believe he can take the Metro and meet you at the FLL airport.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

Metrorail doesn't go out west where the turnpike is. And neither does Tri-Rail, which is the train that goes through Ft. Lauderdale. Since you have a car your best bet is to drive to Miami.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

Sorry, I meant the Tri Rail ... it does go between those two airports ... see here:

www.tri-rail.com/rider_info/system_map.htm

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

Forgot Tri-Rail now connected to the new station for MetroRail! There are a couple of connections/shuttles but it should be easy for your husband to do. Good call AhHah.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

Yes, as long as he doesn't have too much luggage to contend with. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to FLL airport before you are ready to leave with your luggage.

6. Re: Meteorol from MISS to turnpike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:15