We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area on beach for seniors to stay

Sulphur, Louisiana
Level Contributor
330 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best area on beach for seniors to stay

What is the best area for 2 seniors to stay to be on beach and take tours (Key West, Everglades, City). Don't care about shopping or night life.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area on beach for seniors to stay

Maybe the quieter section of south beach, south of fith street, or mid-beach (north of 24 street but south of 63 street). Most tour buses will pick up in those areas.

Sulphur, Louisiana
Level Contributor
330 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area on beach for seniors to stay

Thank you. Sorry to sound dumb, but when looking for a hotel, is that Miami Beach area?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area on beach for seniors to stay

Yes, not dumb at all, I was too brief. To stay near the beach, you need to in Miami Beach, or areas just north of there along the coast. Miami Beach is a city and an island of the same name, about 3 miles offshore from mainland Miami, and connected by many bridges. Miami Beach is popularly and informally divided into three parts - south beach, mid beach, and north beach. Most tourists stay in south beach (i.e. below 24 street), which has the most restaurants and other things of interest. It gets quieter and less crowded as you head to mid beach and beyond. I suggested those because I thought you specifcally wanted to be away from any crowd, but I think if you stay off the most busy section from 5 to 15 streets, you can still be in or near south beach and not feel crowded.

Sulphur, Louisiana
Level Contributor
330 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area on beach for seniors to stay

Thank you for so much information. This will be our 1st trip to Miami (celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary). We will be arriving on Amtrak. Can you recommend a quiet hotel where we can sit on our balcony watching sunrises, walk on the beach, and take tours. We will need to do laundry,too. We would like to not go over $200.00 per night. We will be there April 5-9. Thank you once again for your help.

5. Re: Best area on beach for seniors to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:17