We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Is it a good idea to travel to Miami Beach during June 20th-27th?

I know it's the rainy season... apparently August is also the rainy season but the last time I travelled to Miami Beach, it was late August and every day was perfect weather - not one drop of rain.

I've looked at a couple of weather forecasts for now on various different websites and there's a lot of thunderstorms predicted. Does the weather in late June get better in terms of precipitation? What kind of weather might I encounter during a typical week in late June?

I planned on visiting the beach...exploring Miami whilst enjoying the sun (there is no sun in the UK) but with downpours lasting an hour or two (I've read on this forum), it does not sound possible :(

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

You're likely to get showers in June. By August, there's a greater likelihood of tropical waves, tropical depressions, and so on, interspersed with relatively dry periods.

If you check the morning's weather predictions, you can have a reasonable idea of when to be out and about. Much of the summer weather is locally generated from water evaporating and falling on the Everglades. Clouds form, pour, and dissipate pretty rapidly. There's occasional larger thunderstorms that may take an hour or more to clear.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Absolutely spot on Blue - don't let it worry you - you can watch showers pass by either side of you sometimes, it rarely lasts all day and it's never raining all over sofla - there's generally something you can do. I have been in Miami for the month of August for the last 20 years and you will get rainy days, tropical depressions and worse - that tends to cause longer periods of heavy rain. Just because it was once nice in August doesn't mean it will rain in June ;-)

Go and enjoy - just don't get too burned!

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Thanks for your replies!

What should I wear? Should I bring a coat and umbrella with me at all times? Do the daily weather forecasts predict times of rainfall accurately?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Umbrellas can be useful. Coats are mainly a way to sweat--it's just too warm, though a few people use light rain jackets. Morning weather forecasts will give a good general idea of what to expect during the day, but details will work out during the day.

Miami radar today is about as wet as it gets, especially for the Florida Keys, which are usually much drier. It's an unusual weather situation with strong east winds.

radar.weather.gov/radar.php…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

They are more accurate than the weather forecast in UK within the next few hours due to the use of radar - but on a par when it comes to predicting what it will be like 3 weeks ahead... I tend not to bother with a coat for the reasons posted above - if the rain is set in you are going to get very wet - if it's a fast moving shower it will pass quickly and once the sun is out you dry off very quickly.

Edited: 30 May 2013, 09:16
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
585 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Weather in summer is generally pretty predicable - hot and sunny in the morning, getting cloudier towards the afternoon, then turning into Thunderstorm's in the late afternoon. Those Thunderstorm's usually do not last long - only until they have released all of their energy from the heat that has been building all day. Also, rain is not spread across all of Miami but rather here and there.

Unless there is a hurricane or Tropical Storm watch, I would not pay much attention to the weather forecast. My wife's Iphone seems to show Thunderstorms every day - which is true, but only one small part of the day (later afternoon) - and does not mean much.

I am an avid beach goer and boater - late June, or anytime in the summer, is fantastic. Hot and generally sunny, with warm ocean waters (Think in the 30C+ range, like a warm bathtub).

Expect lows around 26C at night, with an average of 31C during the day.

Our weather is actually quite simple (Outside the Hurricanes and such, of course :-)

Not sure if you have ever traveled to a sub-tropical climate like South Florida before, but be prepared - it will be hot and humid for the average European. While the outside is sizzling, be prepared to bring a light jacket to most restaurants as the Air Con will make it feel like you are back in Europe.

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

Hi I am coming miami first time, want to know which is the best place to stay in miami (means which area). I anyone can suggest hotel name that will be good. As i am coming from India, i will not be abe to drive in US because of driving license issue, is public transpot available for all the place, or i need to rent a car. I am planing to stay in miami for (28th, 29th and 30th June 2013).

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

I am also planing to visit Key Wast for 2 days mostlikely on 1st and 2nd July, can anyone suggest which is the best place to stay in key west and what transport system is available from Miami to Key wast.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

I think South Beach would be a good place for you to look at - especially as you can get public transport from the airport to the area, and transport options are very good in south beach area - Have a read of the top questions section on the right at the top of the page - all you need to know is there.

As for Key west - that's a different proposition. There is a shuttle service from the airport that you could look into - also there is a Greyhound Bus service that runs from Miami to Key West which again would get you there. Key west has lots of options - it's relatively compact - you could hire a cycle that's popular! Try posting on the Key west board - but add info on the type of accommodation / price / likes etc so that they can give you best advice. Enjoy

10. Re: Miami in late June this year? Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:18