We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FLL or Miami?

Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Topic
FLL or Miami?

Hi, I'm hoping for some help. My family and I are flying into Ft Lauderdale on Thanksgiving and leave for a cruise the next day out of the port of Miami. Any suggestions on which of the 2 places is better to stay? Also, it would be me, my husband and 3 sons under the age of 7. So I would be looking for something to do, somewhere good to eat (it will be Thanksgiving!) and reasonable transportation. I appreciate any help. Thanks:)

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FLL or Miami?

If you're leaving out of the Port of Miami, I stay in Miami or on Miami Beach for time purposes when needing to get to the ship, especially with young children.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,763 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FLL or Miami?

Consider renting a car, our mass transit system is not the most efficient. I too suggest something near downtown Miami, Holiday Inn etc. We've enjoyed Thanksgiving at Texas de Brazil in the past.

3. Re: FLL or Miami?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 06:18