We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

Most especially needed is advice on which area would be the most fun and following that which up-scale hotel in that area would you recommend. We are interested in seeing the art deco architecture, eating cuban food and getting the beachy vibe. We will have been sailing in the BVIs and traveling for 2 weeks so this is just a quick passing through hit of the city. Restaurant recommendations for foodies, not necessarily the fancy ones but really good cooking & as I said Cuban especially.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,204 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

Feb is still part of the season, whats your budget ? Look at http://www.fontainebleau.com/ or http://www.loewshotels.com/Miami-Beach-Hotel

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

mud>

Move quickly as February sells out FAST!!!

Book an Art Deco gem like the Park Central, the Tides or the Raleigh Hotel

Take the www.mdpl.org walking tour

Check out www.salsamia.com

Here's my foodie guide which has all sorts of cuisine recs

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

Cuban = DeRodriguez Cuba (ceviche, roast pig/waterfront), Las Olas (sandwiches/storefront)

Enjoy!

AG

seattle
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

THANKS Advisor Girl. At least I now know the difference between Miami & Miami Beach. Now if you can talk to me about the character of some of the other neighborhoods. Looking for colorful Old Miami vibe if such a thing still exists. It looks like the strip of hotels on M.B. is big beach hotel w/ lots of cruise ship folks. We would love a really good boutique hotel in a fun neighborhood. I'm checking into your dining suggestions. Sounds good.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

mud>

<<upscale hotel, Art Deco architecture, Cuban food & beachy vibe>>

The hotels on the beach are not all big and filled with cruise ship folks. The lower 20 blocks are smaller restored Deco properties, the mid 20s are a combo of updated landmark buildings and some new builds by the sea. There are so many choices...

Info-

collinsavenuemagazine.com/collins-ave-hotels/

Of the 3 Deco properties suggested, the Park Central is the smallest, then the Tides, then the Raleigh - each has original Deco elements and an Old Florida vibe in the heart of the historic district by the sea. A popular boutique property (though not by the sea) is here:

http://theanglersresort.com/

AG

seattle
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

Advisor Girl---You get gold stars all around. Your info has been clear, concise and right on point and I thank you very much. Maybe best of all is the absence of that snippy attitude that is so prevalent on these posts. Keep up the good work. By the way we have booked in at The Anglers Resort. Called the Betsy but didn't like the vibe & The Anglers feels like a good fit. We may even shake our booties with some salsa dancing. Will definitely try the 2 Cuban food recommendations.

6. Re: First Timers 2 nights in Miami in Feb. Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:21