We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time trip - where to stay?

Market Harborough...
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
first time trip - where to stay?

Hi,

In the process of booking a first time trip to miami in spetember this year for myself, my wife and another couple. We are all early thirties, no kids, enjoy a few drinks, good food - the women enjoy shopping and we all like to see as much of somewhere we go to as we can.

To this end, is there any one particular area of Miami that would be better to base ourselves? Miami beach? Downtown Miami? North, south?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,359 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time trip - where to stay?

South Beach would be a good place to check out.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time trip - where to stay?

South Beach is great for shopping , food and drinks and from there you can explore the area.

Public transport is very good.

We went late oct 2012 and loved our first Florida stay.

Going back this oct but now to Fort Lauderdale.

You can take a look at my reviews from our South Beach vacation.

We didn't rent a car did all by public transport or taxi's

miami
Level Contributor
420 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time trip - where to stay?

I also suggest South Beach. Just steps away from great restaurants, shops, and entertainment. Public transportation is easy, if you want to explore Downtown Miami just take a bus ride.

Enjoy.

4. Re: first time trip - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:20